351w Guys I Need Help

jnobles06

Oct 23, 2003
Clovis,NM
i have a 351w in an sn95 and i stroked it to a 393. i bought world products windsor sr heads that were 64cc new, but they have been milled to 61cc's. i have a lunati hydraulic cam (.496 in .520 ex lift, duration at .050 tappet lift is 224 in 234 ex) i have the lunati hydaulic lifters as well with 1.6 roller rockers. does anyone know what length pushrod i need to use? thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

You may have to just mock this up a couple times and see. If you have converted to adjustable rockers, most likely stock length would work. If you have bolt downs, try stock and a Crane shim kit.

Easiest way is to buy one solid lifter, and a very light spring for a valve, mock it up and check. Due to the head milling, possible block milling, most likely stock would be long so the adjustables or shims would work.

Yeah your cam is really mild both on lift and duration for that motor. it could use 10-12 degrees on both sides IMO. What is your compression ratio with the flat tops. You'll have to post your dyno or timeslip. I'd be real currious as to what kind of power it makes.

as to your push rod question. get a push rod length checker and find out for sure what it needs to be. I wouldn't guess or go by someone elses opinion on what lenth you need. http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=191781&prmenbr=361

well the people i bought the pistons from said with a 64cc head it would be 11 to one. my heads are milled to 61cc so im guessing 11.5, but im not sure the guy new what he was talking about so i'm goin to check it myself.

oh and have you ever heard of dyno deskl top? you put all your motors specs in (it get pretty specific) and it tells you what kind of power you will make throughout the rpm range. its pretty cool. it said with all my mods about 450.

You probably got 450hp but I wouldn't put any hope in thous numbers.I tryed another program (Dyno SimPRO) and it said my 357 will make almost 460hp with just polised Track Heat heads and a fair hydraulic roller cam (.542Int./.563Ex. 224*Int./232*Ex. 112*LS) w/ victor jr. intake and a BG750 and only 10.5:1 compresion.I know that motor doesnt have 460hp, if it does than im pushing almost 600hp on a 125hp shot of nitrous.You need a bigger cam or you ain't get anything more out of the car.Are you run true flat tops with out valve releaf?How do you think you got 11.5:1 compresion ratio, if you drive it on the street you dont have anywere near 11.5:1 compresion unless your runing 100 octane or more al the time.My track heat heads have a 61cc combustion camber and I got 6cc valve releaf's with a uncompresed gasket of .04 and I only got around 10.5:1, at most 10.7:1.

jnobles06 said:
i didnt think my compression would be that high either, but like i said thats what the guy said where i got the pistons. i have heard that you only have to run high octane if you go over 12 to 1.

anything above 9:1 will require premium,and 11 or 12:1 will require race fuel(104-110) especially with iron heads(they hold more heat). You cannot figure compression ratio with out knowing how far down the piston is at TDC since every block is different. Dont gamble on piston to valve clearance, this will change with duration,milling of heads,milling of deck,different head gaskets. Mock it up with clay before you assemble it for the final time.