351w in 2000 Mustang GT body

• Sponsors (?)

You will need motor mounts, trans should work (5 speed I take it) but you would need a bell housing off a pre 96 5.0 Stang. Emissions are subjective you can’t just say will it pass? A 351 does not produce a certain amount of emissions. Every engine is different it depends on how you want to build it. If you don’t have a bunch of cash to put into it to do it right it probably wont pass. I.E. you can’t go carbed and pass. You cant go huge cam, compression, and heads and pass.

No offense you don’t seem to be familiar with Stangs and I’m not sure I would try it then. A little history though. The car has the same frame (unibody) as the 79-2004 Stangs. The engine bays have been basically the same dimensions and look on all years. This frame readily accepts 289/302/351W engines which are the same basic size on the outside. They actually are a bit smaller than the 4.6 due to the cam in block layout (pushrod) versus the SOHC of the 4.6 (281 cubic inch).

There aren’t many benefits to the swap if you don’t have the cash to do it right. You would need a wiring harness for a 5.0 car, a F.I. setup for a 351, the engine itself, flywheel and clutch, all the serpentine drive on the front, bell housing, and exhaust.

Don't know about where you live, but here in Massachusetts its illegal to put an engine that is older than the car in. I falls under "Tampering with emmision equipment." If thats not the case where you are, game on. I would definately research it. Oh and if you are going to go EFI on the new motor, you may as well spend the same amount building up your present 4.6. By the end of it you can make the same power as a 351, for the same if not less money. Thats my 2 cents....anyone got change?

Don't bother with a 351w swap...it's not going to net you as much power as if you spent the money on your existing motor...and you won't have to worry about all of the problems associated with putting a motor in your car that wasn't built with your car in mind.

Phoenix is right...i failed to mention that the added weight up front is going to throw your whole suspension geometry off. Probably need a stiffer spring, different shocks....the list goes on.....if you want a way to make close to the same power on your motor, i recommend P-R-O-C-H-A-R-G-E-R. Has worked for many of my friends :) I'm a cheap bastard though...i stick to the juice :)

Just so you know everything will work fine. But there's so many things you need to do this it will cost you a small fortune and you will basically be rebuilding your car. My adivce, mod your 4.6, or buy a Fox and do the Windsor swap to that because it's possibly the easiest engine swap I can think of.

you might want to think about putting Moduler 5.8 from Van/truck. Much easier, and I think tranny mounts up, and I think wireing is almost similer to 4.6. 5.0&FF had an article on this several month ago.
Basically, your putting truck engine. You'll gain load of torque on lower RPM, but engine sort loose its grant after 3500~4000 RPM, mainly due to intake design.

or something like that