351W Late Model Roller Blocks...Need Some Input Here

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
Claremore, OK
I am seriously considering using a late model 351W roller block for my T-Bird as the 302 gave up the ghost due to a valve failure. Cannot justify spending that kind of money again on a small cube motor.

I want to reuse as much as I can due to the almighty dollar bill and its lack of being in my bank account. I want to reuse the AFR 185's (currently being reworked and ported), the Comp Cam (0.598 lift), comp roller rockers, Edlebrock water pump, etc. Not wanting a stroker just a 0.030 over 351W.

Does anyone have any supported claims i.e. dyno numbers of the horsepower these blocks can support? Also, if you have one of these blocks how long has it been in service in its current build and how hard to you beat on it?

Thanks,

Darren

• Sponsors (?)

In the very last issue of Super Ford magazine (before the merge with 5.0 Magazine) they tested a FRPP 392 craete engine that used a factory 5.8 roller block with the big XE cam and a Victor Jr. With AFR 185 aluminum heads it made 535 hp and well over 400 lbs-ft pretty much everywhere.

Those are at the crank numbers BTW....