351w On 67 Mustang Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by TrippinPop, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TrippinPop

TrippinPop Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    So I was experiencing issues with fuel flow last week or so and after checking all the usual suspect i noticed a nice lil chunk of rubber in my fuel filer. After removing all the under the hood lines, I saw at some point someone had jammed the lines back on their components without regard for... holes or actually lining things up and the inside of all the lines are chewed and causing obstructions in fuel flow. So rather then inspect further and find out how truly inept people were in the past i'm replacing them. So my question is. What do you think I should go with. Braided steel over rubber or stainless lines? I'm in Texas and it tends to be quite warm.
  2. Iamdiffrnt

Iamdiffrnt Member

Definitely go with the solid lines, rubber (or braided) is only for vibration points or connections between hard points.
    daveinmontrose likes this.
  3. Rusty67

Rusty67 Well-Known Member

You should run hard line where you can. If you are concerned about heat you can use insulation. Rubber is ok but like previously stated should be used only where needed.