351W PS Bracket Mounting? **PICTURES**

xsvstang

Apr 5, 2001
If anybody has put a PS pump on their 351w with the FMS bracket, does this look right?

I have a 351w stroker that I am using the FMS specific PS bracket. When you place the triangular bracket behind the pump bracket (round bracket that the pump inserts into) it does not line up with any of the bolt holes in the head.

I put the triangular bracket in the same way on the stroker as it is on my other car, but the additional length in the 351w swap bracket does not allow you to attach it to the head.

1st_photo_011.jpg

1st_photo_008.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the stock 302 bracket can work. it is the one that connects the a/c to p/s pump. you have to cut off an ear or something. just line it up to where a hole lines up on the heads, and then another to line up with the pump. cut away and you have a bracket.

jerryD said:
the stock 302 bracket can work. it is the one that connects the a/c to p/s pump. you have to cut off an ear or something. just line it up to where a hole lines up on the heads, and then another to line up with the pump. cut away and you have a bracket.

There is NO way to orient the bracket to line up with any of the holes. What you see in the photos is a 302 bracket from a car with factory air conditioning.

The lower bolt hole that you see in the photo is the one that needs to line up with a hole in the head.

yes it can work, cause me and my buddie did it. just gotta think poor mans bracktery. this is the bracket you need, which i think i you have:

View attachment 500621

you will need to cut an ear off of it, and then use just one hole for the pump to mount to and another for the bracket to bolt to the head.

all i have for a pic right now, so it will have to do. it will look kinda like this:

IMG_0859-640x480.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0859-640x480.jpg
    IMG_0859-640x480.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 77