351w question

I am planning on doing a 351w swap In my 94gt and I did do my research. After doing a lot of searching I read that the lower intakes were different then the 302, but I have been searching through summit to buy a top end kit and they are saying that they are interchangable. Or in other words they sell a kit that worls on both motors except you have to drill the heads to fit 1/2 inch studs. Any clearification would be great.
Thanks Brian

• Sponsors (?)

The lower intake manifold is not interchangable between udsthe 5.0 and 5.8. The 1/2 inch stud refers only to the heads, not the lower manifold which does not have 1/ inch bolts in eith case.

the place where the lower intake mounts on a 351 is wider than the same place on a 302, so a 302 lower intake will not fit.

the heads will fit, later 351s actually even the same e7 heads we have, but the head bolts on a 351 are larger than those on a 302, so to use 302 heads, the bolt holes need to be enlarged.

i'm looking into a 393 :drool:

thanks! yeah when I was searching I read that you were planning on that build. What are you planning on running for heads, cam, and what not? I think I may just put to gather a trickflow kit either street or track I'm not sure (of course with the different lower intake). Im only doing this so it takes out all the guessing work or trial and era of biulding my own set up. You think this set up will be alright or will the motor still be starving for air? or even a more aggressive cam. Its not my daily driver but I want it to be able to be street driven and maybe some track, and luckly emissions aren't to bad up in NH.

yeah, i am still in the research phase, the combo in my other thread is actually just the standard combo that CHP includes in their 393 long block. i don't have any idea if i'll end up with that or something else ...