351W ???'s

Rbz00BlkGT

Mar 16, 2004
Illinois
i actually have a 00 GT that i'm selling and i'm going to try to get my hands on a 94-95 Cobra. I called DSS and had them build me and quote me a price on a 357 set up like this.

Item Description Qty Cost Total
357SB2004 PRO BULLET LC/Inline & Twisted Wedge DSS Pro-Lite Forged pistons, forged I-beam rods with ARP rod bolts and race prepped crankshaft, balanced and blueprinted, assembled in a race prepped 351W block with the billet aluminum Main Support System installed AFR 185cc longblock LONGBLOCK UPGRADE: Air Flow Research 185cc cylinder heads installed on a short block to make a long block. Includes Ford Racing cam with Ford Racing lifters, DSS aluminum roller rockers, 4130 .080" wall seamless pushrods, ARP head bolts, Fel-Pro graphite gaskets, etc. Upgraded Hyd. roller cam Upgrade from reg. hyd roller to premium hyd. roller camshaft listed below XE270HR .512"/.512" hydraulic roller cam, for use with heads, intake and 3.55-3.73 gears Power Package #1 351W
224-41143V 351W high volume oil pump 1 M-6605-A341 351 HD Oil Pump Drive Shaft Oil pump bolt kit SBF oil pump and pickup bolt kit 351Wauxgaskets Auxiliary gasket set for 351W engine 1250 Fel Pro intake set 1415 Fel Pro exhaust gaskets M-6710-A351 351W/5.8L One Piece Oil Pan Gasket 351W Package #1 Discount 351W Package #1 Discount Power Package #1 351W EFI 5.0L Track Heat manifold, silver

I was thinking of going with carburated instead of dealing with the computer stuff. Also going with a 274 CAM instead of the 270. Any suggestions, ideas, or other input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

5literstang said:
if u can't find a cobra just go with a GT, cuz u will do redoing the motor anyway.
i agree. there is no point in spending the extra cash on the cobra when ur going to swap out the engine. If i were you i would look for a high mileage GT, that way you save a lil money.

I would stick with fuel injection for driveability and fuel economy concerns. There really isn't that much to it, and it won't cost you too much more either.

Plus, you could keep it emissions legal and it will actually help resale instead of hurting it.

I'm going to do a 351 in my 94 and have pretty much the whole thing planned out. Feel free to ask me any questions.

I would go with more cubes. No good reason to stick with only 357. I know CHP sells a forged 393 shortblock for 3k, then you can get your own cam (i would do custom but thats me), afr205's and so on..

Fuel injection or carbed, thats really your choice..

I got a couple quotes which included DSS (306 Basic), but after some thought, I'm just itching to get a 351W under the hood. As mentioned above (and my biggest concern), meeting emissions will definitely increase the value of your setup.

I'd like bigger cubes over stock, just not sure what's possible while meeting emissions. Tough to find answers, too.

DSS is good and so is CHP. I'd vote for fuel injection, too, for lots of reasons. Price is important, so obviously more cubes is more price, right?