351W shortblock hAlp!

blueink

Oct 17, 2007
HOUSTON, TX
Well folks, forgive me for the following questions im bout to ask AND yes I have read the sticky, im good in that department BUT i couldnt find any info pertaining to the internals of a 351w shortblock. This build will be for my 1990 GT, I posted some pics while ago when I first got it, its my first 5.0 so please bear with me, came from a 2000GT to this side of the pond, haha. So tomorrow im going to pick up a complete 96 351w longblock, which I plan to have refreshed and drop it into my GT. My question is where can I find some info on internals, or which to go with for my 351w build. Its just going to be a refresh, since it factory fresh, never been cracked open. MY builder is a buddy of mine, BUT i want to learn what I can for myself. Hes really helping me out here and all BUT i dont want to frustrate him with every small question. He said we'd need to get some better pistons for it to help performance, IM staying NA. SO what im asking here, is whats a good site to shop and learn about 351w parts. I was shopping on summitracing for the 331 stroker I was planning on, and I learned a lil bit about the crank specs, piston specs and the rod legnth for the 331 stroker but dont know jack bout the 351. Help me out please oh and iM shooting for 350whp NA, which for some of u aint chit, BUT im just trying to build a fun daily driver while I finish college, hence my buddy said might as well go 351w if u can afford it.

• Sponsors (?)

Come on folks can I get some help here? Here is the list of parts I already have
351w 96 roller block beng machined, going with a 4.030 bore
TFS twisted wedge street/strip 65cc heads
TFS stage 2 cam
My goals are 350whp, Im building the car for daily driving purposes A/C and heat, anything above those power levels will be a bonus, IM looking to keep the static comp @ or below 10:1
Now im having a hell of a time deicinding on which forged flat top pistons to order from summit. Keep in mind, I have to read and them try to figure things out on my own, but the pistons thing has me stumped. i have been searching for pistons with specs of 4.030 bore, 5.956" rod lenght and 3.500" stroke? And the dang summit filter sometimes shows some pistons and sometimes not others, I can find much selection?