351W Turbo project

Bosscat

Founding Member
Sep 30, 1999
England
This is my project; 351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 3" exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, N2O 50 shot, Vic Jr intake, 3.50 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body

Right now I am working on the cooling system. I need to know if I can use a radiator with the lower hose coming from the passenger side? Its a 69 block if that makes a difference.

• Sponsors (?)

almost all of the boost (19psi) is there when the converter flashes. i have a transbrake, but no 2-step. another thing you don't need. you mentioned you were going to run a 17" tire. there isn't a 17" tire made that will begin to harness the power you'll make. i had 275/50-15 m/t dr's and i was off the throttle more than i was on it trying to peddle it down the road.
50 shot = useless. there's simply no need for it.
2 step = useless. unless you're running slicks, full drag suspension, and a transbrake.

paul302 said:
almost all of the boost (19psi) is there when the converter flashes. i have a transbrake, but no 2-step. another thing you don't need. you mentioned you were going to run a 17" tire. there isn't a 17" tire made that will begin to harness the power you'll make. i had 275/50-15 m/t dr's and i was off the throttle more than i was on it trying to peddle it down the road.
2 step = useless. unless you're running slicks, full drag suspension, and a transbrake.

Point takin, Thanks Paul.

I will be running M&H 325/45s, a little bigger than the 275/50s, but you are right about the traction issue.

I do have a set of 15" that I can use for the rear if need be. Just need to get some play time in. :)

paul302 said:
You just run the motor all the way against the convertor then ? (putting her back together now. Trans is done. Need just a few more things.:flag: )

Boss, it doesn't matter which way it comes out. But the cooling system will work better if it exits on the opposite side it comes in the radiator.

paul302 said:
there isn't a 17" tire made that will begin to harness the power you'll make. .

thats not totally true. MT and hoosier makes a 17" tire that will handle it. especially the hoosier 335, thats been in the 9s already on a turbo cobra. i have 275s on my cobra (MT) and it hooks well. almost as good as my 17" ET STREETS.