35th Anniv 35th Gathering - Summer 2010

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by dfesta, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dfesta

dfesta New Member

Is anyone game for trying to do a 35th Anniversary Meet this Spring or Summer? -- Back in 2002 we did one at the Carlisle All Ford. We can kick around some different locations. -- Respond with a location suggestion/preference and we can see if we get any takers.

My suggestion would be either: Somewhere in Ohio, Pennsylvania or Michigan.

For the record my Silver GT 35th Conv. just turned 3,000 mi. I was bringing my 4th Son home from the Hospital. (Born 2/2) As you can tell from the mileage my Mustang pretty much only comes out on special occasions and the like. I wanted each of my boys to be able to say that their 1st car ride was in my GT 35th.

2. VOORHEES

VOORHEES Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy Mod Dude

Sounds like a great idea, however I know I would not be able to attend. :(

I went to the one that was in Pigeon Forge, TN back when.

I hope you get a great turnout!

-Jason

3. SamsStang

SamsStang New Member

Wow!! just 3000 miles? that thing hasnt even had its 1st oil change :eek:! i thought mine was low :( i have 70k on it, but enjoy the hec out of it.
    I would like to attend one of these but either of those locations would be a Hec of a drive for me!

4. Red35th

Red35th Member

Wow, that's really neat! :flag:

And I'd love to go to a meet, but there is no way I could travel that far (this summer at least). A great idea though.

5. Tommy3O3

Tommy3O3 Founding Member

I certainly wouldn't be able to travel with my car either, (vacation time is extremely tight) but I make sure to get to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup on Father's Day weekend every year here in Colorado. There are usually a few 35th's and one year we had enough cars to have our own personal class.

If anyone wants information, it's at Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.

6. cmrocrshr

cmrocrshr Member

Man I miss going to RMMR. I haven't been since my Daughter was born 9 yrs ago. I hopefully will make it back over there next year, since she has a dance competition that weekend this year.

7. SamsStang

SamsStang New Member

Hey Tommy! My name is Will, from the Springs, dont know if you remember me? i have a white 35th we met at the Grocery warehouse hang out years ago!!! Lisa introduced us. I remember you got me my limited edition badge. You still have that beautiful Black 35th?
    I didnt know RMMR had a class for the 35ths? I havent gone in the last 2 years but if so ill put mine in this year!

8. Tommy3O3

Tommy3O3 Founding Member

Hey Will!!! Of course I remember you...how's your car doing? I still have my car...I'll be updating new pics sometime this weekend. After some thieves got the stereo it's had a bunch of upgrades. I might get a racetune soon to take it over 600 rwhp.

They only had the 35th class one year, specifically because we anticipated getting a large gethering from around the country.

9. SamsStang

SamsStang New Member

Nice to here from you Tommy! Yea i still have mine! my wife is claiming it as her daily driver now :rolleyes: i retired it from the Drag strip, had it running pretty consistent for a while with 100 shot of nitrous low 12s ran awesome, till this day i have never had to take apart that engine.
    I bought an 01 Roush of one of the guys from Colorado stangs, it has sucked the life out of me!!!! car was nothing but problems for me for the first 2 years! ive just about replaced everything on it? iam actually in need of tranny now! Heres a pic. the day i blew the engine :mad:

Attached Files: