373 gears installed

tstang21

Apr 14, 2008
:rolleyes: :eek: :nice: :) :D :p :hail2: :flag:, thats all i gotta say . gotta love em

i have to get use to driving them. ford racing brand. they were installed today. i spent almost of the day cruising to break them in. i havent felt the full potential yet. just mild pulls but itself was just :D. i was in 5th gear in no time. i realized i had 3:08s. instead of 2:73s :rolleyes: feels awesome especially with short throw shifter

• Sponsors (?)

i want to break them in first. so im being patient about it. the gear fluid that the shop put in was amsoil plus with a new bearing. the previous bearing had some rust on it around the side. suprisely i didnt know that all this time since i purchased the car, i had an aftermarket differental installed from the previous owner :)

You will notice a difference. I had those in my automatic 95GT back when I was 17. I took out a 3.27 and went to a 3.73. You'll notice more than me, since you had a 3.08.

well i officially, i mean officially broke them in this morning and let loose. WOW! AH MAN ! :D. my car pulled so much harder and the tires were spinning all the way to 3rd. i can feel my car rising up a bit. felt like i added a nice shot of nitrous. i feel more confident now. forgot all the little bolt-ons, GEARS is where its at and the first mod to do. well worth the money.

well i officially, i mean officially broke them in this morning and let loose. WOW! AH MAN ! :D. my car pulled so much harder and the tires were spinning all the way to 3rd. i can feel my car rising up a bit. felt like i added a nice shot of nitrous. i feel more confident now. forgot all the little bolt-ons, GEARS is where its at and the first mod to do. well worth the money.

did u do a complete rebuild? new axles, diff, bearings n seals too? hows freeway drivin?

almost quite everything except for the axles. my installer checked it and it was fine. new bearings/ shims and seals were put in. the diff was checked in and out. with the freeway driving, its not that bad. driving 65mph at close 2500rpms feels pretty good. i can hear my flows better now :hail2:. with mpg, i didnt see a difference.

almost quite everything except for the axles. my installer checked it and it was fine. new bearings/ shims and seals were put in. the diff was checked in and out. with the freeway driving, its not that bad. driving 65mph at close 2500rpms feels pretty good. i can hear my flows better now :hail2:. with mpg, i didnt see a difference.

Did you change the speedo driven gear? At 65 mph you should be closer to 2100 rpm in 4th. Closer to 75 mph @ 2500 with 3:73's with an AOD-E. I believe a 4 speed manual should be in the same ball park.

You do not need to break in gears. I installed my 4.30 gears one Friday around 3pm and when they were in, loaded the car on the trailer and went to the track and ran low 11's that night. That was 3 years ago and they are still fine.

i spent almost 1 day to break them in for precautions. i know its silly but just be on the safe side. im going to the track this weekend hopefully and see what time ill run. im crossing my fingers for high 13s. :rolleyes:

oh btw, im going to borrow my uncle's slicks

well actually it'll be pretty safe running slicks. i have minor bolt ons except for the intake. in addition the axles are in good shape. i want to do 2 runs. 1 with street tires and the other with slicks

Pretty much the same here...I feel no need to break them in... Except with a really wicked burnout :D

Same here. I always heard people saying that you need to break them in with 3 heat cycles. But I got down the road to a stop sign and remembered all the people who said they didnt break theirs in at all. So I nailed it.

my installer checked the axles and he said they were fine. running slicks wouldnt be a problem because i dont have extensive work done. i didnt get a chance to run this weekend. typical florida wet weather got in the way.