393 600HP?

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hi, i would like to build a 393 (i have the short block) but i want to make over 600HP N/A with pump gas is that possible? or what is most hp's can i make with pump gas what heads, CR, camshaft (i know custom but which is the best one making custom cams for stroker? ), intake, carb, headers etc....

• Sponsors (?)

ATM!

ATM fix everything!

That what asian girl say at massage parlor! ATM fix for horny round eye!!! I will run card for you!!!

I was watching the Engine Builder's Challenge where the rules were the engine had to be under 400cid, 92octane fuel, and a few other restrictions. The winners were usually carbed Ford 351W based engines and they were making in the low-mid 600's at the flywheel. These guys were ALL professional builders for names like Hendrix motorsports and other professional racing bodies. So, and amature to get this at the wheels is going to be tough.

Speaking of which.... I will call you soon Rick.

That what asian girl say at massage parlor! ATM fix for horny round eye!!! I will run card for you!!!

I was watching the Engine Builder's Challenge where the rules were the engine had to be under 400cid, 92octane fuel, and a few other restrictions. The winners were usually carbed Ford 351W based engines and they were making in the low-mid 600's at the flywheel. These guys were ALL professional builders for names like Hendrix motorsports and other professional racing bodies. So, and amature to get this at the wheels is going to be tough.

Speaking of which.... I will call you soon Rick.

Those were all out power builds though. Almost all of them were detonating their way to those numbers. I remember one of them quoting that the only way to get that power that way is to let it detonate some. Those motors wouldn't live on the street with the tune that they ran on the dyno. You'd be better off buidling 450-475 horses and some nitrous to peak 600.

Look at the 392/408's from bennettracing.com. their 392/408's crate motors on 10.5:1CR and stage 3 heads, ported intake and big HR cam make 575fwhp/540fwtq. cost is $10,000. keithcraftracing.com and adperformance.com. There was a aluminum block RDI 420 stroker longblock built for a turbo with Bryant billet cam and billet rods that can handle 2000hp brand new on corral.net for $15,000. now that is one bad ass motor and a great price.

for custom cams try cam motion, FTI or Jay allen.

I have a brand new R336ci all billet steel shortblock, unassembled, neutral balanced, pistons swain coated for $7000. all machine work done by secondstreetspeed.com. SVO R302 race block bored .060 over. motor good to 1500hp and 9000rpm.

hi, for this project wich is the best head? AFR205, TFS R, jegs kaase? or any other much better i want to spin arroung 6500 rpm's maybe little more any sugestions?

Rick I'm waiting for your mail!

You're going to need more than 6500 R's if you want 600+ horse N/A.

One of my customers 345ci motors made 650HP NA and only turned 9000rpm.....lol
To do what Alex wants go back to what I said earlier "cubic dollar" with a 393. I believe he already has the 393 rotating assembly, so it really limits the exact parts that can be used.

Alex, I replied to your E-mail...

Gone, but not forgotten, lol.

I did a 408 inch windsor, box stock TFS "R" heads and super victor intake, 11.25:1 hydro roller, 252/[email protected], 110ls, .576/.576 lift. Motor made 581/539 flywheel. Clean the heads and intake up a little, a smaller carb than the 1000cfm I used, and some beehive springs, it would have made 600. FWIW, it's all in what you spend, the same shop did a short deck 370 inch that made 711hp.

Stangless Mike.