$39k 727hp Mustang Gt Out The Door????

• Sponsors (?)

I feel like whoever coined that phrase never drug a 40k car home by surprise

Valid. I decided one day that I wanted my 2011. I sold my Triumph Daytona sportbike, and my '86 GT without my wife having a clue. She pays no attention to the garage, just the bank account, and both were paid for. With that money in hand, I found the Mustang I wanted, and called Tousley Ford to negotiate the trade of my Subaru Legacy daily. Once the numbers were agreed upon, I told my wife we were going to Minneapolis for the weekend. She got a nice hotel stay, trip to Ikea, and the mall of a America, and I got my 2011. So aside from going alone and showing up at home with it, she didnt have a clue about it until the day before I was supposed to pick it up. The only reason she didnt leave me was because I traded 3 vehicles for 1. All that said, last time she allowed me to PIITB was in college, so she earned me behaving this way.

Reactions: 1 user
Valid. I decided one day that I wanted my 2011. I sold my Triumph Daytona sportbike, and my '86 GT without my wife having a clue. She pays no attention to the garage, just the bank account, and both were paid for. With that money in hand, I found the Mustang I wanted, and called Tousley Ford to negotiate the trade of my Subaru Legacy daily. Once the numbers were agreed upon, I told my wife we were going to Minneapolis for the weekend. She got a nice hotel stay, trip to Ikea, and the mall of a America, and I got my 2011. So aside from going alone and showing up at home with it, she didnt have a clue about it until the day before I was supposed to pick it up. The only reason she didnt leave me was because I traded 3 vehicles for 1. All that said, last time she allowed me to PIITB was in college, so she earned me behaving this way.
A Triumph Daytona?! That's my dream bike! Got a picture?

A 1986 GT! That's what I have! You sold it! I......uhm......sputter......This does not compute!

A Scooby-doo! That's ok, good to get rid of it....:p

I bought my 2011 in 2012, had coyote fever. The '86 was decent, but needed a lot of work. I had stock piled some parts, but got my money back out of them eventually. Here are pics of both sacrificial lambs.

Not sure if this link will take you to the vid I made when I put the Daytona up for sale, but here's a try.

http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276/Iowabiggun/071.mp4

This shows the paint matched mirrors of the Daytona, my Legacy GT in the driveway, and the '86's tail lights in the garage, lol.

003-3.jpg

And the '86. Looking back, I should have kept that car. It was paid for, and I had a new shortblock sitting in the garage for it, with Thumper ported GT40P's, Trickflow intakes, and an Ed Curtis cam. It was already 5 lug swapped with 4 wheel discs, and T Tops. Yeah, Im an idiot. But at the time, it would have had to be my winter driver to keep the '11 in the garage with the wife's car... Just couldnt do it, and it ended up going back to the guy who was two previous owners back and regretted ever selling it.

DSCN1610.jpg

DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg

Newengine.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my 2011 in 2012, had coyote fever. The '86 was decent, but needed a lot of work. I had stock piled some parts, but got my money back out of them eventually. Here are pics of both sacrificial lambs.

Not sure if this link will take you to the vid I made when I put the Daytona up for sale, but here's a try.

This shows the paint matched mirrors of the Daytona, my Legacy GT in the driveway, and the '86's tail lights in the garage, lol.

003-3.jpg

And the '86. Looking back, I should have kept that car. It was paid for, and I had a new shortblock sitting in the garage for it, with Thumper ported GT40P's, Trickflow intakes, and an Ed Curtis cam. It was already 5 lug swapped with 4 wheel discs, and T Tops. Yeah, Im an idiot. But at the time, it would have had to be my winter driver to keep the '11 in the garage with the wife's car... Just couldnt do it, and it ended up going back to the guy who was two previous owners back and regretted ever selling it.

DSCN1610.jpg

DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg

Newengine.jpg
Hell, I understand, that coyote is totally b*tchin'. Though you had at least a couple cool rides there Nick. Tough choice, but the new mustangs are pretty hot.

003-3.jpg

DSCN1610.jpg

DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg

Newengine.jpg
No mention of the flamed Ranger?
That was a cool project way back when lol

Hell, I understand, that coyote is totally b*tchin'. Though you had at least a couple cool rides there Nick. Tough choice, but the new mustangs are pretty hot.

Not going to lie buddy, even though I regret selling the '86, and also miss that Triumph, I am a lucky SOB, and happy camper with my current situation. I just scored an '09 Buell XB12R last fall, did some mods over the winter, and had it dyno tuned a month ago. It is a hooligan machine for sure. And the '11 is up on jack stands getting its suspension sorted as we speak. Life has treated me fairly.

20150616_220746_zpsluje1tzs.jpg

20160329_152332_zpscifyq4jt.jpg

The first weekend I had her, in stock form.

20150901_181102_zpsiz13jodv.jpg

This was the day I parked them for the winter.

facebook_1463103382763_zpsiwd1dnbo.jpg

Ok, I am done whoring this thread. But to those who may consider the new 700 hp Mustang, I say do it! To the wives that married us, they had to have known what they were getting into at least a little bit!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm drooling over that '86 car.

If it helps your salivating problem, it had some rusty arsed floor boards, dents in every panel, the paint was peeling off the quarters from a botched fender roll job, and the interior plastics were worn the F out with a bunch of random screw holes drilled into them and the metal of the car to hold them in place. It needed help to be clean again.

Not going to lie buddy, even though I regret selling the '86, and also miss that Triumph, I am a lucky SOB, and happy camper with my current situation. I just scored an '09 Buell XB12R last fall, did some mods over the winter, and had it dyno tuned a month ago. It is a hooligan machine for sure. And the '11 is up on jack stands getting its suspension sorted as we speak. Life has treated me fairly.

20150616_220746_zpsluje1tzs.jpg

20160329_152332_zpscifyq4jt.jpg

The first weekend I had her, in stock form.

20150901_181102_zpsiz13jodv.jpg

This was the day I parked them for the winter.

facebook_1463103382763_zpsiwd1dnbo.jpg

Ok, I am done whoring this thread. But to those who may consider the new 700 hp Mustang, I say do it! To the wives that married us, they had to have known what they were getting into at least a little bit!
Oh, stop it Nick! Damn! A Buell! Me lika da Buell!

If it helps your salivating problem, it had some rusty arsed floor boards, dents in every panel, the paint was peeling off the quarters from a botched fender roll job, and the interior plastics were worn the F out with a bunch of random screw holes drilled into them and the metal of the car to hold them in place. It needed help to be clean again.
Ready to go then.....

Ready to go then.....

Yup, right up your alley!

And the Buell has become an obsession for me. I always loved riding sportbikes, leaning way over, pulling the front tire, etc. But when I would cruise around with my brother and his Road King, the sound out of his Rineharts was beautiful music. So now I have the best of both worlds. Gobs of torque, that lovely Harley V twin sound, made in 'Murica corner carver wheelie machine. I can have the sh*ttiest day, and going for a 10 min ride turns my frown upside down!

Yup, right up your alley!

And the Buell has become an obsession for me. I always loved riding sportbikes, leaning way over, pulling the front tire, etc. But when I would cruise around with my brother and his Road King, the sound out of his Rineharts was beautiful music. So now I have the best of both worlds. Gobs of torque, that lovely Harley V twin sound, made in 'Murica corner carver wheelie machine. I can have the sh*ttiest day, and going for a 10 min ride turns my frown upside down!
Yeah brother, back in the early eighties I was stationed at Ft. Ord in California. I had a KZ1000R back then. The back side of the post had a looooong straight stretch of road that I'd whack the throttle open on. It's amazing what 140mph on a bike will do for a bad day!

It's amazing and frightening how good things look in pictures on the Internet.

Reactions: 1 users