3g fuse

What size fuse am i suppose to be using for the inline fuse link? I read some people said 125, others use 150, but PA perf sells theirs with 200. Oh yeah, this is for the 3G alt upgrade onto my fox. Not much of an electrician, what are the pro's/con's of say 150 vs 200? If it makes a diff i have to run lights, wipers, full blast heater, 400watt system, cell charger, radar detector, that's about it

• Sponsors (?)

that fuse is just the burn point, if the regulator goes out and or the alternator starts to over charge the fuse goes before it fries something else.
if you have a 130 amp alt, 125 amp fuse wouldn't work, for obviouse reasons,......so you want 150 or 200....depending on the size alt........i think pa uses 200 because that will accomodate most high amp alternators as there are 160 amp alternators as well that couldn't use the 150 amp fuse. so the 200 is fine, it will still blow before it fries anything ( it's supposed to anyway).

Use a fuse in the 125-150 amp range for a standard 3G installation. There is a considerable delay before a fuse blows due to a sustained overload.

http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=67 has a nice setup to do the job if you are interested.
alt-cable.jpg