3G harness

• Sponsors (?)

ok that plug you have........the yellow wire goes to the power lug on the alt i believe, along with the new 4 ga power wire you should be usuing.

the white wire and plug go to the alt, the plug itself plugs into the alt, and that green wire i think splices into the exisiting green wire in the old plug harness...........the rest of the wires you just leave or remove from the car.

so, your alt should have that main plug ( the one you just purchased)plugged in, the white wire and plug off of that plugged in, the yellow wire going to the power lug on the back with the new power wire, and the green wire spliced into the old green wire from the original plug...........make sense??? your using a new 4 ga power wire from the alt to the selenoid as well right??

the yellow wire in the original harness is replaced by the new yellow wire on that plug you bought......it goes to the power lug on the back of the alt.

the black orange wires go into a single wire(dark green) later on in that harness, that wire goes to the starter selenoid and i believe it's a 14 ga green wire. that can be disconnected from the selenoid. that yellow wire ( in the old harness) also joins into that black/orange/wires........you'll have basically by passed all those after installing your new plug.

the only wire in that harness you need to keep is that green one ( it goes to the batt light in your dash and is light green with a red stripe).

so you can either disconnect that green wire at the selenoid ( which again, the black and oragnes tun into that wire ) splice into the green wire you need to keep, and let the wires just hang, or go through the wiring harness and take them all out excpet the one green wire that goes to your new plug. trying not to confuse you....there's 2 green wires......the green wire at the selenoid is again, what those black and oranges turn into, the green wire at the alt plug there is to the batt light, and thats the one you need to keep.......(light green red stripe)so like i said, you can either connect your new plug, and leave the rest to hang, connect the new plug and disconnect the green at the selenoid ( best since those black and orange wires go to nothing now) or you can take that old harness out all together and just leave the green batt light wire on.......hope this makes sense.....

basically, if this helps, the black and orange, yellow wires all join in that harness, they join to a dark green wire on the starter selenoid.....

this is why once you run a new power wire, put the new yellow wire on the back of the power lug, the rest of the wires (excpet for that light green red stripe wire) can be cut, capped, whatever.

those black and orang wires, that join the old yellow, that turn into the green at the selenoid.......you may as well disconnect the dark green at the selenoid as the black oranges, and yellow that go to it will be disconnected....hope i havnt confused you..........i was confused about it myself for awhile till i figured out how all those wires join

here's a diagram of how all this connects in the stock harness so maybe it makes more sense
d7480f2d.gif

Attachments

• d7480f2d.gif
    d7480f2d.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 42
I get it now... Are you sure though? I am not doubting you, and I understand everything you just said by the way. I just hope you are right. I am going to to go with that plan now.
Next I am running 4 AWG from where that green wire was on the starter soloniod to the 150 amp fuse to the stud on the back of the new alt. Right?

no i dont blame you for double checking all this it can be confusing...........it's in part because of the way the stock wires join.......which is why i posted that wiring diagram so you can see......

ok, yes you run your 4ga power wire from the back of the alt, to the fuse, then from the fuse the other end goes to the starter selenoid (the power side)

when the alt charges it sends the juice through this wire, to the selenoid which the battery is connected to and thats how it charges the batt......