3G install kit q's

Ok heres the deal i bought a 160 amp 3g of ebay this week, and i have read all the info on installing it but i still have a few questions.

I have a large section of 4 gauge battery cable i got at a swap meet for 3 bucks (good condition, looks like out of a battery relocation kit) so i dont want to buy a $50 kit when i already have the wire for it. So is it going to be possible for me to piece together all of what i need? I have a list and am sure i can get the fuse and terminals, but on the factory plug im F.'ed- no good junkyards around here.

Or should I just break down and buy the kit from PA (hope its not this im runnin low on cash, man ebay is addictive). I know it is a quality kit w/ many pleased customers, but i am not afriad of piecing one together and wiring is no big deal for me.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

From what info I've looked at,it's very simple.

One of the plugs on your factory alt. will plug directly into the 3G,the other will have 2 charge wires(black w/some other tracer colors),and the stator wire(yellow,I think,on your factory wire harness). Cut the plug off of this wire set. The stator wire will be the small wire on that plug. On the 3G,there will be a small single wire plug,use the stator wire here,the other two charge wires,along with your 4 ga. battery cable,will connect to the output lug on the back of the alternator,and the 4 ga. goes directly to the battery. And that's it. You should be able to get the small one wire plug off of a 3.8 liter Taurus alternator. :D