3G Pics

• Sponsors (?)

What size fuse would I need with a 130 amp 3g?

I would fuse for the weakest component in the system (kind of like rating a chain based on the weakest link). If you used a 4 AWG cable that is of reasonable length, a 125 or 130 amp fuse sounds like a winner to me.

Good luck.

I bought the fuse and fuse holder from Napa and then used starter to switch 4 awg wires for the power and ground wire. It seems like I did both for less than the $40 they have for just the power wire. I can post up some links for the fuse holder if anyone wants it.

ok so i get the 7.0" 3g alt that puts out 95 amps? and then the wiring harness and im set? well besides the fuse and fuse holder and wire

I'd bypass the 95 amper and go right to the 130 amper (or more. I chose a 160, for instance).

A quick search will reveal all the parts needed. Kevin has got you going on a good head start if you go with the FFI parts. I sourced all the stuff together for about 20 bucks plus shipping (I was placing an online order anyhow, so shipping was moot).

You'd need something like: enough 4 AWG cable for the power and ground, the fuse, fuse holder, 6 eyelets for the cable, heat shrink for the 4 AWG cable. There are probably a few other items but they're escaping me at the moment.

Good luck.