3g question: Where to find connector for white wire.

dec322

Feb 11, 2006
Bham AL
I've read tons of stuff and know how to install the 3g alt. I'm trying to decide on making my own wiring kit or buying one. Either way, I cannot find any details on where to get the little plug for the white wire.

Also, PA performance sales a regular and premium kit. The premium kit is suppose to eliminate noise in high powered stereo systems. Is this just a marketing thing or will I have to worry about noise if I don't buy some top of the line cables.

It seems as if all my mustang projects are more expensive than I plan them to be. This alt cost $189 b/c I had to buy new instead of rebuilt for $159. The rebuilt model had a $55 core charge that I coundn't get b/c they don't want a 2g alt. Money Money Money Money.

• Sponsors (?)

LRS sells the white stator wire connector. Or use a spade connector or connector from a J/Y car. Some aftermarket alts come with the same wiring connector.

There's a guy on here who sells 3G kits with everything you need- a member or two have installed his kits. Might be worth reading about.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
LRS sells the white stator wire connector. Or use a spade connector or connector from a J/Y car. Some aftermarket alts come with the same wiring connector.

There's a guy on here who sells 3G kits with everything you need- a member or two have installed his kits. Might be worth reading about.

Good luck.

I haven't looked into the spade connector. I'll check it out. What is LRS?