3in exhaust worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

95conv5.0 said:
dont be a sore looser just because your twin turbo monster makes about the same hp as a h/c/i stock block 302 "331 HP"

Yea just like the guy said above, hes only at 5psi. Wait till he ups the boost...you wont be talking **** then.

I'd wonder what his dyno graph looks like. Others would comment about his lack of power steering and a/c too lol. Its definately a phenominal combo that doesnt get put together every time and work that well. Thus why most people think that power level isnt possible.

95conv5.0 said:
true, but he also told me i couldnt make 420rwhp with a 347 its been done millions of times,

I dont know if its been done a million times. I wouldnt say its the "regular" for a stroker to make that much power...you would come across many more 347's under 400rwhp than you would with over 400rwhp. Thus i think the reason for his response.

Has his dyno sheet ever been posted? I would like to see what it looks like.

95conv5.0 said:
dont be a sore looser just because your twin turbo monster makes about the same hp as a h/c/i stock block 302 "331 HP"

Im not a sore loser.....Just like said above its not everyday that a stroker motor makes that kind of power...my buddy's 347 with afr85's makes about the same as my car.

Also, there is no need to knock anyone's car on here...I'de like to see you make power numbers like my car can for under $1800.

VibrantRedGT said:
With those parts a 3 inch exhaust is worth it. I have one on mine.

Mr. VibrantRedGT do you have a tail pipe or is it dumped before axles because i thought anything over 2.5 in. causes problems clearing axle (rattle problems) and even a 2.5 in tail pipe rattles at axle area unless you buy a good brand 2.5 in tail pipe. reason asking is, if a 3 in exhaust is run and a tail pipe is added it will probably have to be a 2.5 in which will cost about $160-$300

My exhaust is a full 3 inch system (collector to tips). No rattles that I've heard. Its not an easy exhaust system to install though. It took 3 people a few hours to get everything straight.

MustangTailPipes.jpg

MustangRear.jpg

As soon as photobucket comes back up I'll post pics of the exhaust system off the car.

Attachments

• MustangTailPipes.jpg
    MustangTailPipes.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 87
  • MustangRear.jpg
    MustangRear.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 87
The ceramic is really nice. Plus I installed them with the motor out and tubular k member which means they don't have a single sratch on them from a normal installation. One scratch on ceramic is painfull on the eyes.