3rd brake light size wiring

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hey I just got a Saleen style wing for my 88 gt convertible.. used... it didn't come with the 3rd brake light.. I took off my old 3rd brake light and louver things like the ones that came with the stock 88 gt's. Anyways I am pretty sure I can use the same wiring... cause I left it in place just cut and taped up the wires.. anyone know where I can find the saleen light for that wing.. can't find it online.. its not the same size as the stock third brake light.. looks bigger... ??

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I just got a Saleen style wing for my 88 gt convertible.. used... it didn't come with the 3rd brake light.. I took off my old 3rd brake light and louver things like the ones that came with the stock 88 gt's. Anyways I am pretty sure I can use the same wiring... cause I left it in place just cut and taped up the wires.. anyone know where I can find the saleen light for that wing.. can't find it online.. its not the same size as the stock third brake light.. looks bigger... ??

same size

Wire size current table:
18 gauge wire = 5-8 amps
16 gauge wire = 10-12 amps
14 gauge wire = 15-17 amps
12 gauge wire = 20-25 amps
10 gauge wire = 30-40 amps
8 gauge wire = 50-60 amps.

Many automotive bulbs are rated in watts. Divide watts by 12 volts to get the amps.

Example: 24 watt bulb: 24/12= 2 amps

See http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=7 for some excellent tips of soldering wires for best electrical performance.