4.10 Auto Guys, have a Question

What is your trap speed and RPM at the 1/4 mile finish line?

I have a 02 GT Auto with 3.73 gears now. I want to step up to 4.10 since I have a bad pinion bearing & seal. But I don't want to run into the rev limiter.

My car has the following:
PI 2800 Stall Converter
SCT CHIP
Magnaflow catted X-Pipe & Catback
Trick Flow Upper intake
CAI

I'm also thinking about underdrive pulleys but I'm not sure they are worth it, any thoughts on that?

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

Kurt2002 said:
What is your trap speed and RPM at the 1/4 mile finish line?

I have a 02 GT Auto with 3.73 gears now. I want to step up to 4.10 since I have a bad pinion bearing & seal. But I don't want to run into the rev limiter.

My car has the following:
PI 2800 Stall Converter
SCT CHIP
Magnaflow catted X-Pipe & Catback
Trick Flow Upper intake
CAI

I'm also thinking about underdrive pulleys but I'm not sure they are worth it, any thoughts on that?

Kurt

Hey cool, another clevelander :nice:
I've got 4.10s on mine, but I've yet to run it. I'll run it this summer down at norwalk most likely. Where are you in Royalton? I'm over by strongsville in Columbia Station and I work in Fairlawn. You can catch me going down 71 and 18 every day to work :)
By the way, if that's what you have, how do you figure your power #'s? :confused:

that with the SQ-Trim it had on it, I took off the SC and now I'm back to NA. Long Story lol I'll fix my Sig Did you just buy your car @ Strongsville Dodge?

I'm on Abbey RD of Sprague RD.

The Mustang Club I belong to is having a track rental on May 20 @ Norwalk if you are interested.

Kurt2002 said:
GTMomma02, how did kauffman setup your lockup in your converter? I mean does it lockup in 3rd & 4th gear or how? I would appreciate help?
My lockup function is wacky right now until I get a tune tomorrow.

It still locks in 3rd and 4th gear, but Dave from Kauffmans changed the lockup points so it doesn't shift as quick. Sorry I don't know the exact numbers since Dave said it's all driver preference. I guess he'd change the points, then my husband and him would test drive it to see if it felt ok. They had to do it 4-5 times to get it right. He said you can take out the lockup altogether if you wanted.

Stacy

Kurt2002 said:
that with the SQ-Trim it had on it, I took off the SC and now I'm back to NA. Long Story lol I'll fix my Sig Did you just buy your car @ Strongsville Dodge?

I'm on Abbey RD of Sprague RD.

The Mustang Club I belong to is having a track rental on May 20 @ Norwalk if you are interested.
Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, I did.
Cool, I know where that's at. I'm off Sprague on the Columbia Station/Olmsted Falls border.
Nice, I may have to join you, what time are you going out?