4.10 Auto Guys, have a Question

Kurt2002 said:
thanks, what in the world is "lockup points so it doesn't shift as quick"? Changing the lockup alters the shifts points?

Sorry, I was trying to paraphrase what my husband had told me since I wasn't there during the tune. He said that Dave (the tuner) adjusted the points at where the converter would lock up and he also made each gear last longer by adjusting the shift points.

• Sponsors (?)

Kurt2002 said:
who has them for $150?

gibson89lx, I know the guy that owned your car before. He installed all that stuff on your car. It made something like 260rwhp.
Nice, I think I worked with the guy. I used to work over at UPS in Middleburg Heights. He has a Mach now if I'm not mistaken.
Do you know if he's a good guy, or if he beat on the car, or such? Because the car drives great so I'm guessing he may've pampered it a bit :shrug:

gibson89LX said:
Nice, I think I worked with the guy. I used to work over at UPS in Middleburg Heights. He has a Mach now if I'm not mistaken.
Do you know if he's a good guy, or if he beat on the car, or such? Because the car drives great so I'm guessing he may've pampered it a bit :shrug:

I would hope that he is a good guy. Because that would be me. :)

Maybe we could meet up sometime soon if you'd like. I never worked at UPS but you may still know me?

I pampered that car like it was my baby. I was not planning on trading in the car. I had just put those Cobra R's and the Goodyear GS-D3's on the car about two months before I traded it in. I put a lot of money into the car.But the first time I saw one of those Machs I just had to have one.

I did notice that the previous owner or dealer took a few things off the car(cosmetic) that I had done. But for the most part it was pretty much the same car.

I never had the chance to take the car to the track. I traded it in before I had the opportunity. However I did get it dyno'd. I still have the dyno charts if you are interested.

Also as Kurt2002 mentioned. The club that I'm the VP of Buckeye Stangs is renting out Norwalk on May 20th. We will have the track for 4 hours from 10:00am to 2:00. The cost is $35. You are more than welcome to come. It sure would be great to be reunited with my old car for a few moments and watch you take it down the track. :nice:

ylopony said:
I would hope that he is a good guy. Because that would be me. :)

Maybe we could meet up sometime soon if you'd like. I never worked at UPS but you may still know me?

I pampered that car like it was my baby. I was not planning on trading in the car. I had just put those Cobra R's and the Goodyear GS-D3's on the car about two months before I traded it in. I put a lot of money into the car.But the first time I saw one of those Machs I just had to have one.

I did notice that the previous owner or dealer took a few things off the car(cosmetic) that I had done. But for the most part it was pretty much the same car.

I never had the chance to take the car to the track. I traded it in before I had the opportunity. However I did get it dyno'd. I still have the dyno charts if you are interested.

Also as Kurt2002 mentioned. The club that I'm the VP of Buckeye Stangs is renting out Norwalk on May 20th. We will have the track for 4 hours from 10:00am to 2:00. The cost is $35. You are more than welcome to come. It sure would be great to be reunited with my old car for a few moments and watch you take it down the track. :nice:

The machs are indeed beautiful, I don't blame you :) You did a pretty good job of getting this one to look like one as well :D

I'd definately be interested in those charts. As for Norwalk, it may be a little too short notice for me to get off work. I think I've heard of buckeye stangs before, not sure where exactly, but it sounds familiar.
If you ever saw a black fox body whistling around brunswick that was me. I drive by brunswick every day on the way home from work so PM me anytime it'd be opportune for you :)

how much does it cost to rent the track? my friends rented it last fall from 10:00 to 3:00 but i don't know what they paid. it was my first time there and i had a great time. we are going to do it again..hopefully when its not cold and windy.

joshheat25 said:
Yea J/drake your times also seem slow for 4.10s I have stock rear and run faster 1/8 mile time???

I dont know why, but I can floor it and it will barely bark the tires. And they are only 245's. My SFC's helped a lot. 2nd gear will get a scratch and if i'm at any angle i get sideways.

hmm! I have a Superchip the Blue chip that plugs into the ecu and that made a world of a difference! Mine will chirp second every time I get on it! I also have 315/35/17's on the rear so Maybe that is why my times are better at the track! Also do you begin to powerbrake on the launch it's a Big help for 60' times and over all time!