4.10 gear opinions form GT owners

OxMox

turkeysammichesonhisface
Mar 31, 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
I just ordered a set of FRPP 4.10 gears yesterday and I was wondering what you GT people think of them and if you have them... do you like them? Some of the guys over on the V6 forums say I should've gone with 3.73 :rolleyes: ... What do you think? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Best mod to get

The 4.10's are absolutely great! And I drive 50+ hwy miles during the workweek. I now use 5th and it will pull good in that gear vs. I never used to like 5th w/ the stock gears because it bogged down before it accelerated. You can't go wrong with the 4.10's -- I know you'll enjoy them :D

ponygirl74 said:
The 4.10's are absolutely great! And I drive 50+ hwy miles during the workweek. I now use 5th and it will pull good in that gear vs. I never used to like 5th w/ the stock gears because it bogged down before it accelerated. You can't go wrong with the 4.10's -- I know you'll enjoy them :D

Cool, that's what i've heard about them. People would drive in 5th gear and still beable to have enough power to pass other cars if needed. 50+ hwy miles during a regular work week?! :eek: How are they on your MPG... i've heard that they're not a real big difference. (I'm not worried about milage, but i'm curious.)

worked v6 said:
Cool, that's what i've heard about them. People would drive in 5th gear and still beable to have enough power to pass other cars if needed. 50+ hwy miles during a regular work week?! :eek: How are they on your MPG... i've heard that they're not a real big difference. (I'm not worried about milage, but i'm curious.)

Well, I'm about to get a new job so no more commuting for me! :nice: The mileage just depends on how you drive it. I prolly get only 20mpg, but realize that's with me beating the hell out of it on the road!