4.10 gears...Any opionions?????

SilverMuscle

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2000
Central Jersey
I have a 92 GT...AUTO with 15" DR's
Have upper/lower intake with 1.7 rockers/70mm TB

I only do back road driving, and barely any highway driving, unless I run to the store.

Are the 4.10's worth it. Never had them to exp. Will it be good for track use as well? Don't want the car to trap at 80mph at the track.

• Sponsors (?)

I have 4.10's and I love them! First gear is basically worthless though.:D As far as highway driving...my car runs about 2500 rpm's around 65mph. So its not horrible. For the track, you'd be fine. should be crossin the line at the top of 4th gear. :nice:

4:10's seem to be a great combo for the atx cars due to the gear ratio in the atx and the 3:73's, 3:55's are a good combo for the 5spd cars for the street. do you know anyone with this combo or involved in a mustang club that you could test drive or go for a ride to get a feel for this type of gearing? This what I did before going to my 3:73's. best of luck and post your results.

I have 4.10's and a c4, and for a toy and track use, I love them. I don't drive the car more than 5 miles at a time, so I don't care about street manners. They really help in the acceleration dept!

I think with an aod, they would be very streetable.

If your making any sort of good numbers on power, poppin an AoD into 4th gear at WOT is askin for MAJOR trouble. I have one myself w/ 4.10s and am seriously thinking about just getting my HP up enough to spin the hell outta a set of 3.08s I have set aside.

If your making any sort of good numbers on power, poppin an AoD into 4th gear at WOT is askin for MAJOR trouble. I have one myself w/ 4.10s and am seriously thinking about just getting my HP up enough to spin the hell outta a set of 3.08s I have set aside.

X2:nono:

Do not shift the AOD on 4th gear full throttle unless you want it rebuilt sooner. When I race my car in the 1/4 mile even with 4.10s I just go up to 3rd gear.

Think stock was 2.73 mostly but was an option to get 3.08s? not quite sure on that though never bought one new :)

3.27 was the optional ratio for automatics, at least thats what the gears i took out of mine were stamped with. made a huge difference when i swapped in the 4.10's, it just sucks not having a good tire that can actually keep up.