4.10 gears (Got Top End?)

coramprat said:
115 or 120? Did you let off? :shrug: I have a 96 5sp and my top speed is somewhere around 150-155. My speedo is off about 10% with the speedo gear. I can wrap the speedometer down to MPH so I'm at about 150. Fells like I still have some left but I let off. Hell when I get on the Interstate I'm at 115 before I realize it.

As for an auto I think you have a limiter that shuts down your car at 120.
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=437614
Yes, Coramprat I did let off in the 1/4 mile at Firebird.I had a NOS NOSZLE
100 shot with all the saftey goodies on my 96 Mustang GT before I reinstalled
the kit and sold it but,that was what was making me trap so high.I don't
have a reason to go 150-155 mph on the street/freeway so,I shut it down
after 115-120 mph at the track.

• Sponsors (?)

Xanax said:
Yes, Coramprat I did let off in the 1/4 mile at Firebird.I had a NOS NOSZLE
100 shot with all the saftey goodies on my 96 Mustang GT before I reinstalled
the kit and sold it but,that was what was making me trap so high.I don't
have a reason to go 150-155 mph on the street/freeway so,I shut it down
after 115-120 mph at the track.
OK...I understand now...my top speed was at a 1 mile track. :nice:

you guys have the final drive ratio wrong. in a tr 3650 you have a .62 5th ratio

with the t45 you are correct at .68 and you are very close...here ya go
Your tire's diameter is 25.681 inches
At 4000 RPM in 5th gear, you're moving at 139.488 MPH -thats the t45 5th ratio, the one that i posted up there is for a tr3650.

Screamin' Demon said:
Ahh meant open stretch. Right now she cruises up to 120 pretty nicely with the 3.27's. I can hold it steady and it seems like the car likes that speed rather well.
You will run out of HP before gear. Your tires and wheels will not be too much of a factor in top speed so my guess is around 150. Theoretically (sp?) the top speed with 4.10's will be 185. So unless you add another 100 HP I don't see where you would run out of gear. I don't know if I want to go that fast anyway because at 140 I have a butt pucker factor of 10 to the 10th power.

just some guy said:
you guys have the final drive ratio wrong. in a tr 3650 you have a .62 5th ratio

with the t45 you are correct at .68 and you are very close...here ya go
Your tire's diameter is 25.681 inches
At 4000 RPM in 5th gear, you're moving at 139.488 MPH -thats the t45 5th ratio, the one that i posted up there is for a tr3650.

Ok..got it. On the tremec website it lists both .68 AND .62 for the TR-3650. I didn't know which to use.

They switched to the Tr3650 in February and they were using the t45 before that. The t5 is wha they used on the 5.0s I think. When I said "newer" trannies, I meant the new version of the TR3650. If I remember right, I heard that the new ones have a different over drive gear but that could have been hearsay.

Nick

My friend has a 2000 GT with some mods and 4.10's, and he was doing about 130 the other night. I don't know much else about 4.10's though, I drove his car and didn't like them. 1st gear is way to short for me. Just my opinion though, don't hate me. :)

I just got the speedo gears in from STEEDA. They said on the homepage that they were supposed to be WHITE for a 98GT Automatic with 4.10's...well this is a "23 Tooth" BLACK speedo gear...hope this is the right one.

UDTBadkarma said:
I just got the speedo gears in from STEEDA. They said on the homepage that they were supposed to be WHITE for a 98GT Automatic with 4.10's...well this is a "23 Tooth" BLACK speedo gear...hope this is the right one.

Dont bother just put your stock one back in and get a speed cal. I had the 23 tooth gear for 3 weeks and not only was the speedo off it stripped out.