4.10 Install Help

Jrod0985

Jun 20, 2011
I'm not sure if this would fall under talk or tech but I have a question in regards to a 4.10 gear install. I purchased a set of ford racing 4.10 gear and was going to have a mechanic friend of mine install them...After much thought we realized neither of us have the knowledge or tools to do such a thing... The problem I am running into is that I cannot find a shop local around here that will do the install. Already having the parts and not buying from them is not the problem...They just don't do it. I am in Birmingham, AL and the only company i have had tell me they would do it is Speedsouth. But they wanted in the neighborhood of $500.00 for just the install. I was recommended a guy that goes by the name "The Gear Man" but after 3 weeks of calling him with no response and not knowing where he is, i finally gave up. Can anybody recommend an installer in or near Birmingham, AL that is good and is not going to break the bank since i would like to eventually do cams or other NA upgrade (Blower is not in the budget right now or in the near future lol) Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I see a lot of looks but no replies. I don't know how far you are willing to travel for a gear install, but I know a guy that does gear installs fairly reasonably around the Decatur Al. Area.
PM me and I can get you his number if interested.