4:10's, 3:90's, or 3:73's

• Sponsors (?)

Plus with 4:10's you will be reducing the physical strain on the motor as well as getting MUCH better torque multiplication. I am planing on the good ole 4:10s myself soon.

gotchopsticks said:
does an aluminum drive shaft help performance a noticable amount? is it worth the money?
Not really. Though it will reduce drivetrain vibration in shifts and does help to lighten up both the overall weight of the car and the weight of the drivetrain. It's also more durable than the stock iron driveshaft. I have one and like mine.

ok,

I after paying close attention to my tach and speed here are the numbers im getting so I appoligize for my earlier post.

120mph - 4,000rpm
140mph - 4,800rpm
150mph - 5,200rpm

Conclusion = GTVert01 was right about doing 180mph with 4:10's and some bolt on's. :flag:

You may even want to go with 4:30's as suggested by others....

Fast02 said:
Conclusion = GTVert01 was right about doing 180mph with 4:10's and some bolt on's. :flag:

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

On stock diameter tires that would take almost 6500rpms, not something you want to be doing much on a stock 2V bottom end.

Plus total :bs: on 180mph with "some bolt ons," unless you consider a kenne bell blower on a forged bottom end a "bolt on". Our cars have neither the power nor the aerodynamics to see that kind of speed.

sixstringthing said:
to the original poster: You have a 2004, it has the tremec... definately go with 4.10's

You have to remember that a lot of people freaking out about 4.10s have a 2001 or lower which has the other tranny. For the most part those are the people that are considering 3.73's BUT 3.73's on an early 01 are pretty much equal to 4.10's on an 04 as far as RPM's are concerned.
With 4.10's at 70 you should be right around 2330 RPM which isn't bad at all.

Does it really matter if you have a T45 tranny? Same thing right?

I think the only difference in ratios between the T45 and T3650 is 5th gear. A 3650 will turn *slightly* less rpms at a given speed in 5th.

I think this is about the millionth time I've said it:

Just get 4.10's and be happy......or go get a Civic because you're in the wrong damn car.

I think anyone that has not driven 4.10's should be banned from speaking out against them. "Oh God! My engine is turning 2500rpms.......NOOOOOOOOOOO!" :rolleyes:

:notnice: