4.10's and speedo?

Well i did it, i bit the bullet and went with 4.10's. I was only going to go with 3.73's but I'll be N/A for a while so 4.10's it is. I was looking at the speedo gears from steeda to correct my guages, but it shows the same gear for 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10's? Whats the best way to correct my readings? Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Get a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal. Mine works great, and I changed my settings when I upgraded wheels/tires.

Others may have had problems with their DM SpeedCal, but mine works great.

Wills Black 98 said:
i have a dallas mustang speedcal and it works great! actually it just gets the job done and thats all i need it to do... ive heard that with the plastic gear thing it breaks easily. you can get the speedcal from partshopper for around 100 dollars.

I walked into Dallas Mustang and bought mine.

What's the plastic gear thing?

the plastic gear thing is a new drive gear that goes into the tranny...it fixes your speedo, but doesn't last long cause its plastic. I'm glad to hear good things about the speed cal...I think thats what i will do cause i also plan on getting new rims and tires so if i make any changes it should be cool.

Thanks for you help guys

vvzer0incvv said:
the plastic gear thing is a new drive gear that goes into the tranny...it fixes your speedo, but doesn't last long cause its plastic. I'm glad to hear good things about the speed cal...I think thats what i will do cause i also plan on getting new rims and tires so if i make any changes it should be cool.

Thanks for you help guys

If you buy one, use the colored directions on their website. The black/white ones that come with it are a little hard to understand in the pictures.

Plus, you can go to their website and use the calibrator for when you change gears/tire size so you know what code to put in.

I don't have a chip (I don't have many mods), so thats why I went this route.