4.10's are in----

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sea of Tranquility
....and what a difference. By far the best mod yet. My suggestion is this should be the FIRST mod for everyone. I mashed the gas in second and my son asked me how I did that....put him back into the seat. Me likes big time.

• Sponsors (?)

Although I still have to figure out my vibration I did take my car for a spin today. It's been sitting at home while I work. First gear is hardly there anymore but it is enough to get you rolling pretty good. Second is a beast. I thought my car was slow but no more. And I can chirp 3rd when before I could barely chirp 2nd. Next thing I have to do is exhaust. Still stock even though I ordered a Prochamber it was damaged in shipping so I exchaged for gears. I'm still learning my shifts and will be making a track run just to try it out.

coramprat said:
....and what a difference. By far the best mod yet. My suggestion is this should be the FIRST mod for everyone. I mashed the gas in second and my son asked me how I did that....put him back into the seat. Me likes big time.
Told ya! :D

Im also strongly thinking about gears but cant make up my mind between 3.37s or 4.10s i might go 3.90s but i think it will be my next or 2nd to next mod. i can get the gears installed for 70$ so its a good deal.

RED98Z28 said:
Im also strongly thinking about gears but cant make up my mind between 3.37s or 4.10s i might go 3.90s but i think it will be my next or 2nd to next mod. i can get the gears installed for 70$ so its a good deal.

If youre planning on staying N/A, go with the 4.10's. You wont be sorry you did. Most guys on here love them. Im thinking about going with those sweet and rare 4.30s in my auto. :D

Fallguy said:
What does the vibration come from ?
Guess I should have been more clear. I had a vibration before I had the gears installed. I had a bad carrier bearing with noise coming from the rear and thought the vibration was a symptom of the bearing. I had a complete rear end overhaul when I had the gears put in. Got rid of the noisy rear end but the vibration was still there. Turns out I have a bad 'spider' on the driveshaft causing the vibration. I have an aluminum shaft on the way to replace the old one and will be good to go when it gets here.

coramprat said:
Guess I should have been more clear. I had a vibration before I had the gears installed. I had a bad carrier bearing with noise coming from the rear and thought the vibration was a symptom of the bearing. I had a complete rear end overhaul when I had the gears put in. Got rid of the noisy rear end but the vibration was still there. Turns out I have a bad 'spider' on the driveshaft causing the vibration. I have an aluminum shaft on the way to replace the old one and will be good to go when it gets here.
another satisfied customer..........4.10s..have fun

coramprat said:

:nice: To tell you the truth, the only mods I really "felt" were 4.10s and lower control arms. The LCAs are good to do with 4.10s because it helps plant the rear when shifting hard.

When I had the 4.10s in my old 5.0 it was alright for launchiung but sucked ass at highway speeds. Where I travel alot. I would only suggest 4.10s for a street, non highway car. If you are traveling on the highway and do high speed anyhting, go with a lesser gear. My .02.

Glad you liked them.

I've had my 4.10's in for about a week and a half now. Good news is The car is brutal. A definite improvement. The bad news is I have to put a clutch in it. Was at the track the other night and smoked it..... :(
I am going with a SPEC clutch. Made here in Bama :nice:
BTW before smokin' the clutch I managed to pull off a 1.98 60 ft on STREET TIRES baby!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: