4.10's are in

spree

Apr 20, 2003
los angeles
Couldn't be happier. I think it's the perfect gear, and all GT's should come with 4.10's from the factory. I don't take my car to the track, and do a lot of city/highway driving. My RPM's on the freeway in 5th gear are a little above 2500 at 75mph, and about 2750 at 80mph. The car can actually easily accelerate on the freeway now in 5th gear, whereas before I was downshifting to 4th a lot.

If I took my car to the track, I would've regretted not getting 4.30's....

Bottom line....4.10's = :nice: Don't even think about getting 3.73's if you're staying n/a.

• Sponsors (?)

FastRedPonyCar said:
yeah i love mine. i had 3.73's and they were no different than stock. :notnice:

Really? I had 3.73's (holding out for a supercharger) installed a while back and could tell a difference the first time I got on it. Dont get me wrong, I question not getting 4.10's all the time and have no doubt they are probably the better gear N/A, but I'm curious how you couldn't tell a difference with the 3.73's. :shrug:

about the 4:10's in the 1/4 mile

edcar01gt said:
I've got 4.10's in mine and it's awsome... :nice:

2002 Black 5 speed GT

:flag:

I was hoping if anyone could help me out. I am debating between 3.73's and 4:10's because I have been told that you will run out of gear with 4.10's in the 1/4 mile. Is this true or will I be fine with the 4.10's in the 1/4? I really want the 4.10's but if I have no gear, then I will just go with the 3.73's. I have no real big power adders, mostly a stock car.

Thanks for as much feedback as possible guys.

Dave E. Chicago :flag:

enasty said:
2002 Black 5 speed GT

I was hoping if anyone could help me out. I am debating between 3.73's and 4:10's because I have been told that you will run out of gear with 4.10's in the 1/4 mile. Is this true or will I be fine with the 4.10's in the 1/4? I really want the 4.10's but if I have no gear, then I will just go with the 3.73's. :flag:

If you are staying n/a definitely go with the 4.10 gear.The Mod motors need more gear because of where the power range is.I ran 3.73s in my old 5.0s, but they had a better bottom end.You will not run out of gear in the 1/4.You will be in 4th, but you have plenty gear left.You will not be disappointed with the 4.10, and will kick yourself if you get the 3.73 then drive one with 4.10s.

01 GT Vert
13.3@106
4.10s,pro 5.0,bbk o/r x-pipe,hypertech programmer,c&l cold air induction,steeda underdrives,magnaflow catback exhaust

GTvert01 said:
If you are staying n/a definitely go with the 4.10 gear.The Mod motors need more gear because of where the power range is.I ran 3.73s in my old 5.0s, but they had a better bottom end.You will not run out of gear in the 1/4.You will be in 4th, but you have plenty gear left.You will not be disappointed with the 4.10, and will kick yourself if you get the 3.73 then drive one with 4.10s.

01 GT Vert
13.3@106
4.10s,pro 5.0,bbk o/r x-pipe,hypertech programmer,c&l cold air induction,steeda underdrives,magnaflow catback exhaust

Wow, that is all the info I needed, thanks a lot man for helping me out

Dave E. :nice:

I love mine too. :nice: I just wish it didn't rain 9 months out of the year here! :nonono: I have 165 miles on mine so far, and only about 15 of those were on dry pavement. :notnice: I can't wait 'till summer! BTW, good choice on your gears, I've never heard of anyone regretting 4.10's, unless it was because they could have gotten 4.30's. :D

Mr Plow said:
I probably meant to say - would you get up to that speed quicker than with the 3.27's

From the way I see it, yes. With the 3.27's, your top speed in 4th is right around 140 at redline, so when you shift into 5th, you bog. The 4.10's will have you further into your powerband when you shift to 5th. Top speed in 5th at redline with 4.10's will be around 162 mph. Just be careful not to turn yourself into a greasy spot on the highway. :notnice:

GreekStang85 said:
im really debating on 3.73's or 4.10's ill be staying n/a for a now but i will be getting a s/c in the future..............How is the gas milage with 4.10's???

before i got rid of my old car i got 300+ per tank :D but that was with full exhaust too. mods are in the sig for my old one
i don't have a 1/4mi around here so i'm not worried about running out of gear in the 1/8mi :jester:

wow my friends were way off then, they said i could only do 100 with 4.10's , haha they dont know ****.If i bought 4.30's what would my top speed be in a 96 gt? If its around 120 or so thats good for me.