4.10's Don't fear the gear!!!

ArkansasHogGT

Apr 26, 2010
Just like most of you I was debating 3.73 or 4.10 on a NA mustang GT. I read all the threads of why you should or you shouldn't go 4.10's. I took the plunge last week and for those of you wondering still. DO IT !!!!!!!! It is a totally different car. Yes I did get FRPP 4.10's and no they do not whine. There is not a sound coming from the rear end. If anyone says different they have no idea what they are doing. Fuel economy is not that much different and it does wake the car up. It is a worth while upgrade for any mustang. especially if you have a 5 speed. Hopefully this helps those of you still trying to decide.

• Sponsors (?)

4.10's are the way to go. I saw a lot of guys wishing they would have done these instead of 3.73's. To me 3.73's would leave you wondering what if I would have went with 4.10's. I see why this is the mod that a lot of us go with. It is totally worth it.:nice:

ive been going back and forth on this, but everytime I ask someone they tell me go 4.10, i dont think ive had anyone tell me to go 3.73 instead. i noticed you mention 4.10 for a n/a would you go lower with a blower?

I heard a lot of guys say that 4.10's are too low for a blower. As fast as the tach jumps in first gear I could not imagine adding boost to that also. So I can se why they go 3.73's when boosted. First gear would probably be pretty useless on the streetwith 4.10's plus boost.

I, for one, am very glad I went with 3.73s instead of 4.10s. Heck, I'm even contemplating putting my stock gears back in! When the new engine build is done, I will need the steeper gears to cross the line in 3rd (1:1) in the quarter.

I'm gonna go ahead and put it out there since nobody else has, 3.90s are a good way to go if you can't decide. Now I know FRPP doesnt make them but I have motive 3.90s in my stang and they are awesome!! I have no problems with whine or anything of nature, and they really woke up the car!!

Just like most of you I was debating 3.73 or 4.10 on a NA mustang GT. I read all the threads of why you should or you shouldn't go 4.10's. I took the plunge last week and for those of you wondering still. DO IT !!!!!!!! It is a totally different car. Yes I did get FRPP 4.10's and no they do not whine. There is not a sound coming from the rear end. If anyone says different they have no idea what they are doing. Fuel economy is not that much different and it does wake the car up. It is a worth while upgrade for any mustang. especially if you have a 5 speed. Hopefully this helps those of you still trying to decide.

what is your before and after mpg

I figure with the way I drive a may have lost 1 or 2 mpg. It is not different around town. On the highway you will turn 3-400 rpms higher than if you had the stock running gear. That is where you will see the difference.

I had 4.10s in my DD '02 GT 5spd, I loved them, car had some bolt-ons.

Now I'm debating between 4.30s or 4.56s for my Mach to get some of the low-end back but it has cams and full exhaust so it really rips past 3500 rpms.

I figure with the way I drive a may have lost 1 or 2 mpg. It is not different around town. On the highway you will turn 3-400 rpms higher than if you had the stock running gear. That is where you will see the difference.

cool man thanks. trying to decide what gears to put my car since the rear end is in the process of being built. The car will be a single turbo and working on trying to balance the mpg and power out. It's an automatic and I think right now where I live I avg about 18mpg