4.10's In An Auto "Video"!!

Rocketman said:
4.10's in an auto are perfect. Get'um. Here's a pic of my 03 automatic with 4.10's in overdrive at 70 mph.

410%20at%2070.jpg
I bet your gas mileage went to hell huh?

Attachments

• 410%20at%2070.jpg
    410%20at%2070.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Sponsors (?)

its a mustang.. you're not suppose to keep gas in your tank without refilling for more than 4 days c'mon :p

i stopped taking the interstate to work a long time ago, 4.10s shouldn't change my gas mileage yet cuz I'll be able to go into 5th and probably wont be over 2k rpms :)

christiesledd said:
its a mustang.. you're not suppose to keep gas in your tank without refilling for more than 4 days c'mon :p

i stopped taking the interstate to work a long time ago, 4.10s shouldn't change my gas mileage yet cuz I'll be able to go into 5th and probably wont be over 2k rpms :)
Every 4 days huh, it can be every other day for me, depending on how much I drive. :D

In my Lightning, the tech will be right on 2500 rpms at 80 mph with stock gearing.

4.10s are fine for going 70. You have to get used to the sound of your car going higher RPMs, but after that you'll love it. Feels really good there, right in the start of the powerband!

How many of us are using our 4.10 geared cars as daily drivers? *I do* On occasion, I wish I had a slightly lower ration out back.. first gear is a bit short, and sometimes I wish I had a 6th gear, but overall 4.10's really do bring the 4.6L to life; this truth has been spoken over and over again. :nice:

Scootr68 said:
My gas mileage really hasn't noticeably changed from what I noticed with the 4.10's/automatic

I checked my gas mileage this weekend on a long trip. All highway driving with the air on for the afternoon return home. Got 21.3 miles per gallon.
I'll say it again, 4.10's are the perfect gear.

joshheat25 said:
Thanks todd4566 Yea I think I am going to get the 4.10's and also a tranny cooler for like $50 I also am looking into stall converters but they are a bit pricey!

I second the fact that 4.10 does little if nothing to gas mileage. Tranny cooler is a must and cruising at 70 with 4.10 give s you the opportunity to stay in the powerband and have nice acceleration without flooring it.

Go 4.10s, you wont regret :nice:

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Why do you continue to ask this same question over and over? What do you expect to see from a video? My car makes 660 rwhp with a Novi 2000 and a 302 stroker, and it has 4.10's. It is my daily driver. This weekend, I drove it 550 miles from Atlanta to Richmond, VA, qualified 1st in Mod Motor (FFW), and then drove 550 miles back to Atlanta. I got over 16 miles per gallon with a 3800 stall converter. I usually cruise around 70 mph at 2700 rpm. What more can I say? Get the freaking 4.10's and move on. If you worry this much about this simple question, heaven help us when you start debating which power adder to get. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: