4.10s or keep 3.73s

4.10s or keep 3.73s

• Total voters

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I last a few months I been thinkin switching to 4.10s , I have 3.73s with old mods ( Flow's 40s,2 1/2 Mac O/R H-Pipe,King Cobra Clutch,FRPP 3.73s and BBK CAI) I run only 14.8@95 with 3700lb race weight ( i have a vert), now I have some more mods but I still think meybe 4.10s are better for me just like Paul (Killercanary) told me , I have plan stay N/A in next two years , for now I have plan put heads and cam,
So what you think guys

• Sponsors (?)

Edit:
I would say that it depends on how much HP/TORQUE you are looking at down the road. Alot of HP, I would stick with 3:55's/3:73's. Vipers come with like 3:07 gears for a reason.
What is this car going to be used for? Once a week/month driving or everyday driving City/highway driving?

Seth5.0 said:
Guys don't forget I have T5 not auto tranny

Everytime this subject comes up, everyone(usually everyone) says to go with the 3:73's on a 5.0 manual. Now if your going to heavilly modify your engine, I would imagine a different gear ratio would be better, depending on what the car is going to be used for. Everyday driving, strictly track, weekend killer, and etc....