4.30s, 31-spline Diff & Axles, & Subframes are done

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a friend w/ a digital camcorder. I'll have her shoot a vid this coming Friday, though I gotta warn you: This car is crazy now, like a wild horse. It needs suspension & tires bad. I'm tired of having to work so hard just to keep her on the straight & narrow. Can't wait for my X10.5 DRs.

I think you may be a little over excited but I doubt you can spin the tires on dry pavement at 70, My bud has a 500HP cobra and he can't..but I would love you to post a vid and prove me wrong..

Its probably when he is shifting from 2nd to 3rd he may get a little sideways....but at a cruzin 70 there is now way you can spin if you just punch it with no rev up and dump.It takes ALOT to be able to spin at that speed.Your just excited...anyways sounds cool, thats what I need to do to my stock rear, - the 4.30s....staying with 3.27s as of right now.

hotmustang331 said:
Its probably when he is shifting from 2nd to 3rd he may get a little sideways....but at a cruzin 70 there is now way you can spin if you just punch it with no rev up and dump.It takes ALOT to be able to spin at that speed.Your just excited...anyways sounds cool, thats what I need to do to my stock rear, - the 4.30s....staying with 3.27s as of right now.

I agree. I've ridden in it, and when he shifted from 1st to 2nd, it was fishtailing like CRAZY!!! I have NO doubt he can break em loose quite easily by shifting into 3rd gear! Shoot, last time I was at the track, I chirped my tires going into 3rd for 7 runs in a row, although they aren't really new.

I'm going to the track Friday & I'm gonna have my buddy vid some runs. Then maybe we'll vid some street stuff, though it'll be dark. It don't matter to me what people say about my car not being able to do these things. I have to drive her everyday; I know what she's capable of. I will agree that I can't make it go sideways every time I try. Heck, I don't even try that often. Going sideways @ 70 is not a game. I ain't trying to kill myself. :rlaugh:

there is a differrence between power shifting 3rd and just roling at 70 in 3rd and punching it. I think people are getting cauge up in sematics here.

my 69 camaro would go sidways into 3rd gear and I did not have 4:30 or 500hp. now if I was going 70 in 3rd and punched it notta. I mean I can scratch 3rd if I am lit up in second now in my turd.

tires play a big role as well some tires suck once they have been spun a bit. my yoko's are horrible. the cheap ass nexen tires I have on my iroc grip twice as good once they have been spun a hair.

Please don't tell me you have a built rear end and are only going to run 17" drag radials. :nonono:

Get the axle tubes and torque boxes welded, then do a rev limiter clutch dump onto slicks. :banana:

hognutz said:
there is a differrence between power shifting 3rd and just roling at 70 in 3rd and punching it. I think people are getting cauge up in sematics here.

my 69 camaro would go sidways into 3rd gear and I did not have 4:30 or 500hp. now if I was going 70 in 3rd and punched it notta. I mean I can scratch 3rd if I am lit up in second now in my turd.

tires play a big role as well some tires suck once they have been spun a bit. my yoko's are horrible. the cheap ass nexen tires I have on my iroc grip twice as good once they have been spun a hair.
Finally, an understander. I'm not saying that my car's a freak cuz she's not. She's fast, but so are a whole lotta other cars. I can't just punch it. But it conditions are right, even on dry ground she'll start to go sideways @ 70 in 3rd w/ the 4.30s. Now mind you, that was on stock rubber. I doubt she'll be able to do it once the Nittos go on.

The stock rubber leaves a lot to be desired in terms of traction. With my 4.10's and stock Goodyears, I had to be very careful of the 1-2 shift at the track. Even a mildly quick shift would kick the rear end out.

Sticky tires + powershifting = :banana:

But even with my 295 AVS Sports on the street, a strong 1-2 shift will spin the tires for a couple seconds. I dare not powershift on the street, I don't want to find out the hard way how out of control the car could go. :eek:

OK let me get this straight here, you can be just CRUZING down the highway in 5th @ 70MPH (not KPH cuz that would make a difference LOL) and then push in the clutch shift into 3rd let out of the clutch and HOLD 70MPH while in 3rd gear, then without doing anything else just stomp the gas and your car will start spinning????That way there is NO missunderstanding.BTW are you ABSOLUTLY sure you set your speed cal correctly, because that could be the problem right there.