4.30's and 28" tires?

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
anyone here running 4.30's and a 28" tire?

having my rear redone next month. have 3.73's now and im thinking about going to 4.30's and a 275/60 mickey radial.

anyone ever tried it?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, we've run 4:56 even 88's with a 26" tall tire in NMRA P/S..lol

Really depends on where you make power, do you need the gear? The 28" tires are a little tight on the fox with out some heating and beating and the correct rim, but it's no big deal...

If you can use that low of a gear I say "Don't fear the gear" :nice:

Im running that combo, its really all about how many rpms your turning up top and how fast the cars going. I should be right around 6400 now when im thru the traps, i havent made a pass with them or driven the car on the highway yet but if your doing alot of driving with the car its definitly going to hurt how "streetable" it is in some peoples eyes

Yeah, we've run 4:56 even 88's with a 26" tall tire in NMRA P/S..lol

Really depends on where you make power, do you need the gear? The 28" tires are a little tight on the fox with out some heating and beating and the correct rim, but it's no big deal...

If you can use that low of a gear I say "Don't fear the gear" :nice:

those PS guys also turn 8500-9000 rpm...

was going to do somewhere between a 100 and 175 shot on the car. its got ported stock heads on it for now. going to pull this off this winter if i can find a good deal on some AFR's or TFS heads

was going to do a 4.10 and a 26" tire but i think a .30 and a 28's will be easier to hook with the extra sidewall.

btw i will be PMing you in a sec need to talk outlaw motor builds