4.6 Cobra Moter in 1992 GT

4.6 Cobra Motor in 1992 GT

Does anyone know of any write ups on this? Can it be done fairly simple.. I may be getting a 98 cobra motor and trans.. Also beside blower and comp ratios wut is the diff between the 03 and 98 cobra MOTORS

• Sponsors (?)

Anything can be made to work. As far as simple, I dont think it would be, for starters you would need a new K Member and then all the wiring and computer issues would be next. Seems easier to just build a pushrod Engine for your car.

Just buy a Tubular k member for the 4.6. Problem One-DONE

Problem Two-Wiring-Get the computer and harness and sensord from a donor car (junkyard, parting out car. all you will need is the "brain" basically the computer and main harness. The chassis harness you already have will stay. Get some good diagrams for both cars if there are any problems.

As for the difference, The 03 cobra shortblocks are ctronger...stronger internals anyway. The rods and pistons are different...not too sure about the crank? This block will be mucho more expensive though.

why not buy the cobra motor, a carb'd intake and dizzy drive and carb that B I T C H!!!!!!! It will run harder and rev higher, and the wiring will be alot easier!

hell yeah...its a little on the expensive side like the manifold is over $800 and that distributer drive is another $800 or so (with dizzy). Those things would be friggin pissed with a carb...eventually I want to build one of those!