4.6 freak ?

) y2kGT (

Oct 24, 2003
I really dont know whats up with my stang but something definently sets it apart from others. All i have is magnaflow catted x and 1 chamber flows and it screams. Tonight i was out with some friends and i pulled up to a red light with my buddy in his Camaro (99) ... his car is an auto and when we rolled off of the light i was in first and stomped it from about a 30 mph roll and I haven't ever felt a stock stang like this. When I hit 2nd the rear tires were just scalding the hell out of the pavement. I know that stangs are supposed to catch a pretty good 2nd. but it criss crossed 2 times and when i hit 3rd. it caught it surprisingly well... anyone else have a freak or experienced one like this? :shrug:

p.s.- i had him a good 2 cars when i hit 3rd.

• Sponsors (?)

) y2kGT ( said:
The front end went left, then right.. then left again then right...... my wording sucked.. :rolleyes:
Oh, you broke loose and fishtailed...

I did that earlier tonight by accident in 2nd, I wanted to floor it in the tunnel to hear my exhaust but it broke loose -BIG TIME- and I swung left about 2 feet. I let off when I felt it break loose but I still swerved some. 11pm so no cars on the road but my friend was like :eek:
:p Only 3500 RPM :( Car sounds great at 5k, I didn't make it high enough. :doh:

) y2kGT ( said:
I really dont know whats up with my stang but something definently sets it apart from others. All i have is magnaflow catted x and 1 chamber flows and it screams. Tonight i was out with some friends and i pulled up to a red light with my buddy in his Camaro (99) ... his car is an auto and when we rolled off of the light i was in first and stomped it from about a 30 mph roll and I haven't ever felt a stock stang like this. When I hit 2nd the rear tires were just scalding the hell out of the pavement. I know that stangs are supposed to catch a pretty good 2nd. but it criss crossed 2 times and when i hit 3rd. it caught it surprisingly well... anyone else have a freak or experienced one like this? :shrug:

p.s.- i had him a good 2 cars when i hit 3rd.
Oh, what are your mods? Is the car a Z28/SS? Is it cold where you live?

Not really any factory Ford freaks from what I know, that has always been more of a Chevy and Mopar thing. What do you think is special about your car? I can bet you didn't get high compression pistons or a bullit intake mani. How many other stangs have you driven? Being behind the wheel feels way different than being in the passenger seat.

Roger Ramjet said:
Isn't street racing great - everyone wins! Camaro must have been a 6.

like i stated above it was a 1999 silver z28 auto.

Patrick-GT said:
Not really any factory Ford freaks from what I know, that has always been more of a Chevy and Mopar thing. What do you think is special about your car? I can bet you didn't get high compression pistons or a bullit intake mani. How many other stangs have you driven? Being behind the wheel feels way different than being in the passenger seat.

I have drive more than plenty of stangs in my life. Including my friends 99' GT, my cousins 01' GT, and a few others around town. This is actually a huge step down to what i started out in when i was 16 years old. I started out in a 1990 Mustang Coupe built for drag.

Guys,
The reason he pulled isnt hard to see.
His stang has 3.27 gears and the Z has 2.73 highway gears...blah
The 5 speed stang stands a real good shot at holding with or even winning in the 1/8th mile with an auto LS1.
Now if they would have stretched it out to the 1/4 then the Z would eventually catch him.
A 6 speed with 3.42 gears is a whole different ball game.
I ran 8.59 bone stock in the 1/8th with a 1.98 60'

I dont think you have a Freak at all. That 4.6 youve got is nothing to sneeze at bro.

Later
Mike