4.6 Internals

• Sponsors (?)

SmithAtlanta said:
I think you'll get 430, easy. I was talking to Tim about the torque numbers on all the novi 2000's and he told me that it's due to the size of the charger. It really wants air. I bet your torque will jump up close to 40 ft-lbs when you step up the boost to 11lbs. Heck, your not even 1/2 way to the novi 2000's max at 11lbs!!!!

Yeah, my torque is down right now because we had to put the air restrictor in to keep it safe. Once I get that out I hope to see 395-400rwtq.
:banana:

1sweetGT said:
Thats why I like Naws :D I Only use the power when I need it. Like merging on the highway.

That's true for a centrifugal blower as well. I can tool around all day and never see boost. You only overcome the engine's vacuum and see boost at WOT. If you stay under 80-85% throttle you'll never go into boost. :nice:

scheister said:
As far as price goes, visit www.vtengines.com or www.modularfordpowerhouse.com for some suggestions possibly. I would guess when it is all said and done, a new forged bottom end might cost you $5-6K.

Good guess. I think Tim told me a forged block is about $5500 turnkey. I think for another $800-1000 you could do the 5.0L stroker through T&J :nice:

When my block finally lets go, it's a T&J stroker for me! Jeff is da motor man! :flag:

Now I have the butterflies again. I'm kinda hoping to make a little over 400rwhp when my KB is installation is finished. I plan on running the KB original tune to keep it safe. Anyways, my car does not get punished too often. It only sees about 3,000 miles a year. I just hope my stock bottom end will hold the new found power for a year or two. After that...is new forged bottom time!

el_kid_1 said:
Now I have the butterflies again. I'm kinda hoping to make a little over 400rwhp when my KB is installation is finished. I plan on running the KB original tune to keep it safe. Anyways, my car does not get punished too often. It only sees about 3,000 miles a year. I just hope my stock bottom end will hold the new found power for a year or two. After that...is new forged bottom time!

3K a year? It'll hold, don't sweat it.

My car's a daily driver and I have ~6K on my Novi already, it's never seen less than 378rwhp in that time, and it's holding up great. If you really only put 3,000 miles a year on your Mustang, I'd expect the stock block to last 4-5 years or more, at least.

el_kid_1 said:

It is as if I'm reading my same words from about 4 months ago. Guess what? I'm installing my new forged Longblock this weekend! 8lbs of boost... I think I had a good tune, but I guess anything can happen. Better start figuring out how you are going to purchase that forged block.

Good luck, Ralph :flag: