4.6 newb....im from the fox 5.0 side of stangnet

• Sponsors (?)

OK Back on track.

I had bought a short throw shifter off ebay, One of those 45.00 ones. I ran same on on a T5 and it worked great. They claimed it would work on a 2002 mustang gt and the bolt pattern looked the same so I bought one... I put it in and it just didnt seem right. It all bolted up but the shaft bottomed out in the shifter linkage and made the handle raise up in its base. I adjusted it and messed with it for awhile but it wasnt working as it should...the spring tension wasnt centering the shifter and going into 3rd was not working as it should. I took it all apart to see if I could modify it and make it better but it just isnt meant to be used on a 3650 imo. So I saved the parts in a box.. I cant return it.....no biggie it was worth a try. So now I am back to the stock shifter however I did cut an inch out of the handle height and change the angle to bring it closer to me and I used the positive stop bolts and welded them to the stock shifter . It may not help anything but I already had it out and figured may as well try it......It shifts like stock and is gonna have to work for now till I get a Pro50 or triax or something......Im kinda low on mod money right now... Oh I also removed the rubber isolator between the handle and the shifter where they bolt up to give it a stiffer feel.

View attachment 156129

View attachment 156130

View attachment 156131

View attachment 156132

View attachment 156133

I also have a Tri-ax. Very nice unit! Car is coming along very nicely.

I have not driven it yet due to rain. But it feels nice and stout firm positive engagement into each gear.
I have had several pro 50 shifters. Looks and feels similar.

Posted via tapatalk