4.6 Swap

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by ryan281, Jun 6, 2014.

1. ryan281

ryan281 New Member

Maybe I'll look more into building a 4.6 but I still wana switch for from 2v to 4v. What does it take for me to do that. Will I need a new harness?
  2. ryan281

ryan281 New Member

Maybe I'll look more into building a 4.6 but I still wana switch for from 2v to 4v. What does it take for me to do that. Will I need a new harness?
  3. Rusty67

Rusty67 Well-Known Member

I've heard of Teksid 4.6L motors that have been deburred/worked over holding massive amounts of power, well above 700. The cast iron block is stronger than the Teksid but much heavier (80-100lbs). All of the stock 4.6L blocks can hold a serious bit of power with some work to them.

I think the 05+ 4.6L block itself is actually stronger than the Teksid and the weight is the same. It was chryo treated from the factory.

If you want to spend the money, you can make a boatload of power with these 4.6L motors.

Personally I prefer the new 5.0 platform because of all the additional technology with the variable valve timing and such but if you are going to make that much power you might have to disable the VCT technology anyways. Parts for the new platform are more expensive and there are less people out there with experience on it.
    trombonedemon likes this.
  4. ryan281

ryan281 New Member

Do you know what it would take to make my 2v a 4v? You seem to know a ton and I would appreciate Any info about what I would need to do the swap