4.6L Gas Mileage

Hey guys i have a quick question for you. On average what type of gas mileage do you guys get? I just calculated that i got around 17.4 mpg and i was wondering if thats a little low. I realize its a mustang so i was just wondering what you guys get. Oh and btw this was done with premium grade and just city driving!!!

• Sponsors (?)

City driving kills these things. The 4.6 in my Lincol is averaging 23 mpg but the Cobra only sees 16 at best :(

I've only checked mine twice. Once on the way back when I bought it (highway), and the next tank terrorizing my town.

Highway: 21
Town: 11

Haven't bothered checking since. It's not why I bought it. ;)

I'd say, on average, I get anywhere from 160-180 miles to a tank.

I just got 18.5 mpg at the dragstrip and autocross with my supercharged 4.6. The worst fuel economy I've gotten so far since the blower was about 16 mpg, all city.

When I was N/A, I usually got 18-20 in heavy city traffic and 26 or so on the highway. I was actually able to get about 31 mpg once by driving 55 mph on the highway for about 90 miles.

Nobody buys a Mustang for fuel economy, but they actually do pretty well if you drive like a reasonable person.

? What the hell is wrong with you? Or is it the car?

Well first I was redoing the interior, then the intake went, then major problems with the DMV getting it titled.
But they are all over. Magnaflows are on and it's been out and about weather permitting here as of recent. Now just need a balance and alignment and we will be rolling.

I checked the records on my 2004 GT I used to own. I drove mostly on the Interstate with it. Its overall average (~3 years of ownership) was 22 mpg. Maxed out at 26, minimum was....well, use your imagination. ;)