4.6L vs LT1/LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
starchman said:
I hate to admit it (at least on this forum), but I sure would like to test drive the 05 goat. It may be ugly, but you can't really argue with the hp/tq from a 6L LS2.
I'd rather an 04 'bra for around the same price :shrug: It's nice, but it's overweight at almost 2 tons(3800 lbs) I have a feeling the cobra'd eat it. It's not bad though, I'd drive it if someone gave it to me :D
I still hold true that my favorite late model pontiac is the WS6 bird, plain and simple.

EDIT: Also, one question. Me vs an automatic LT1 with a borla catback and a panel. Who'd win?

• Sponsors (?)

gibson89LX said:
EDIT: Also, one question. Me vs an automatic LT1 with a borla catback and a panel. Who'd win?
good question, when I've looked around before most people tend to agree that a stock LT1 fbody (or do you meen Vette) is capable of a 14.2 ET, with 14.0-14.8 being a sensible range. So if you can run around a 14.5 second ET then it certainly is possible.

I've had my T/A for 8 months now and right now it isn't running because the crappy slave cylinders that GM used. Other than that it's been a good car. I like the 6 speed aposed to a 5spd. My 99 z28 was abused everyday at it begged for more.

I don't like the long dash.....harder to clean:)...I don't like how water builds up in the hatch...I don't like the skip shift or the crappy speakers. Overall, most I can live with most and I could fix half the problems for $50 bucks.

I like the looks of the late model fbody better also....the 94+ Mustang just seems to tall to me. The fact that you don't see a T/A on every street is also a plus.

gibson89LX said:
I'd rather an 04 'bra for around the same price :shrug: It's nice, but it's overweight at almost 2 tons(3800 lbs) I have a feeling the cobra'd eat it. It's not bad though, I'd drive it if someone gave it to me :D
I still hold true that my favorite late model pontiac is the WS6 bird, plain and simple.

I think if you had a decent launch, you'd kill it. You're right about the Cobra eating the goat; I occasionally visit a goat forum, and they (generally) have great respect for the 03/04 Cobras. The thing is, what about a BLOWN goat? One can only imagine...

stangman16 said:
I sure wish Ford would come out with a 428 CJ for the '07 Cobra, that would be awsome.
it'd be cool in bragging terms maybe, but a twin screw 5.4 has greater power potentail than an n/a 7.0 for road use.

And it will be a more usable power band too, the higher you tune an n/a car to more revvy they get. And as a street motor I can't beleive that the LS7 will put out more than 85bhp/litre (595bhp) which is serious grunt. A supercharged 5.4 should easily see 120bhp/litre (648bhp).

However both of these are way more than ANYONE needs just to commute to work or go to the shops.

And if its a track car, well what the hell get a dedicated race engine and have 1000+bhp in a car weighing half that of the Corvette. :D

starchman said:
I hate to admit it (at least on this forum), but I sure would like to test drive the 05 goat. It may be ugly, but you can't really argue with the hp/tq from a 6L LS2.

That thing weighs a ton though, and the Mach 1 is just as fast, with more accessable mods, and cheaper parts. :shrug: Just get a Mach...it also isn't as ugly.

UDTBadkarma said:
That thing weighs a ton though, and the Mach 1 is just as fast, with more accessable mods, and cheaper parts. :shrug: Just get a Mach...it also isn't as ugly.

How do you figure? The Mach has only 300 HP; I know that HP doesn't tell the whole story, but that means that the goat has 33% more HP than the Mach. Are you sure you're not thinking of the '04 goat?

mustang70 said:
I swear I'm the only one that never had a problem with the build quality of my F-body.

Nope, I never had a problem other than a power window motor going out.
A bunch of us visited the track a lot and none of us had problems, T-tops never leaked, rearend never broke, ect. My 03 Mustang I bought with 13,000 miles had way more rattles inside (tracked them all down and fixed them)

I think the Mustang looks better, but the F-Body is proven on a skidpad to handle better, and is also quicker/faster to boot.....But I'll keep my GT for now :D

Either one can have problems, but neither one should if it's taken care of.

Only thing that piS$es me off about Ford is all the problems people are having with the 3650 and no recall :mad:

starchman said:
How do you figure? The Mach has only 300 HP; I know that HP doesn't tell the whole story, but that means that the goat has 33% more HP than the Mach. Are you sure you're not thinking of the '04 goat?

Oh ok maybe i am talking about the 04 Goat, i didn't realize u were talking about a NEW one. I know when the GTO first came out, MM&FF had an article about it, and the GTO was running 13.5-ish and the Mach was running 13.7. And then the Editor of the mag jumped in the mach and pulled a best of 13.4. The Mach has 305 (doesn't it?) and the GTO has 350, but weighs a lot more. So it IS a driver's race.

But the NEW GTOs...well thats another story i guess. Aren't they making them like 400 or 500hp?

Status
Not open for further replies.