4 banger 89 fox to gain a 460

95cobra50

Feb 19, 2004
What all is needed for the swap??? What kind of $$$ am i looking at and power? I was thinking about port and polishing the heads and having a custom cam made unless there is a good aftermarket one out there. I don't know a lot about the 460's I just always see people doing this swap and I heard it was cheap. I'm just wanting to build me a nice little track car with some killer LSA and ungodly loud exhuast :D

• Sponsors (?)

if you get some stock cobra jet heads or scj heads there would be no need to port them because you can just about stick you fist inside the intake runners. not sure how bad or good 460's are with flow but i have seen those heads and they are awsome. summit has a 460 swap kit with mounts and headers i believe comes with it. you will need to find a different bellhousing and you can not use the 7.5 or the old tranny. better off going with a c6 auto tranny for a BB. c6 trannies are very strong stock and even better when built, but a c6 tranny for a SBF will not work on the 460, you need the BB one.

If you really want to go fast at the track for cheap, buy a 197* cadliiac 500, put an intake, cam and carb on it and stuff that in there. The cad 500 will make about 500-600 hp, 600-700 ftlbs with those mods. No exaduration. Check out 500cid.com of the hot rod magazine pump gas drags. one of the fastest cars was a notch with a 500.