4 banger Conv. Last Minute Check List!

Hickfied

Nov 9, 2005
Morganton, NC
I'm taking delivery of a 93 notch and a 5.0 from another 93 notch, and want to make sure I remember everything before I tear into this, I want to finish it in less than 12 hours.

I am getting the complete engine from TB to motor mounts and ALT to flywheel.

I need to lengthen the ALT wires, put in the 5.0 computer, injector harness, and 02 harness.
I also need the right pilot bearing (what do I look up for the right bearing @ autozone?) bell housing, and clutch pack.
Will I need a 5.0 throttle cable? I have one laying around if I do.

Anything else, I don't want this to bite me in the ass like I think it will... The 4 banger is running right now, and I don't want to have the car down for 3 months while I could be driving it, because of some stupid small parts.

• Sponsors (?)

oh geez you need a lot of stuff...
fuel lines
throttle cable
cruise cable
clutch
bellhousing for the tranny
new battery cables
heater hoses
and of course exhaust.

mine took about 2 saturdays, 1 to pull out, 1 to put in.

then of course if you added up the time, it would probably be another saturday to add all the little parts that i needed...

Good luck doin it in 12 hours...especially your first time around. Let's not forget, you'll likely want to swap rear ends, front brakes, gauge cluster (4 cyl tach wont work), you need the ENTIRE 5.0 engine harness and tons of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. Pretty well did one on my car, except it was going from an automatic 4 cyl to a 408.

I already got the MAM and all the intake piping... Alum rad, and I don't need the rear, tranny, brakes or anything like that for it to run... And the tach will work, it will just read 2x what the engine is spinning. I also wont need the entire harness, for the purpose I need the harness to serve, they are the "same" I just need to add the injector and o2 harness.

Anything else?