4 banger to V8

andrew92

Mar 18, 2009
Oregon
Hello everyone, I am new here. I just got a nice 92 LX for $750 and I am going to put my 302 out of my wrecked 84GT into it. I got lots of new parts on my 84 I already put on the 92. I just got a few question that I hope I can get help with. Lets start with the gas tank. I got a newer tank on my 84 and since I was going to run machanical fuel pump I think that tank will work. My engine is good, I am going to build it up some. I am going to put a king cobra clutch in it so that is good. I am not sure how to hook up the ignition. I know I dont need the computer or anything like that, but I dont know about the ignition. I got everything else. The wiring I have for the igniton in the 84 is in bad shape. Can I run a MSD box with my stock distributor or do I need a new on of those, I dont know, please help anyone. Thanks. [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

are you going carburated or fuel injected??? nm i see that your going carbed......

if i was you i would swap out that big ugly single wire starter for a newer high torque mini starter and at the same time eliminate the need for a starter selenoid

fairly easy to do though one wire direct to batter and the other little wire to the red slip on "L" boot from your selenoid simple enough