4 bolt bullitt-style wheels

• Sponsors (?)

Dumb idea... the way a Bullitt wheel is designed the spokes run into the center hub area where the wheels bolt up. Hard to make a 5 lug style wheel like this into a 4 lugger. The Cobra Rs can because of their design, a Bullitt would look horrible like that.

I do actually remember seeing a few Foxes back in the day that had 4-spoke wheels that did actually look pretty good. Dunno if they were Saleens or what, but they were black with a polished lip. Not really a Bullitt/Torque-Thrust type of rim, but about as close as you could really expect to get with only four lugs.

Also, now that I think about it, I think Frankenstang and I saw an old Chevy pickup the other day at a Circle K that had some Torque-Thrust style rims on it that were gold in color. It was a reverse of the above concept, though - four spokes with five lugs. It looked weird, and the ghetto spray-paint-gold color was not working well for it at all. :notnice:

Just save for a five-lug conversion if you really, really want Bullitts. You can score a set of those rims and a conversion for the same price or far less than you'd ever spend in trying to get some special one-off rims made or tracked down to fit a 4-lug setup.

Any 5 Spoke 4 lug wheel looks out of proportion because of the lug nuts, in Bullitt Style it would have to have 4 or 8 Spokes in order to have 4 lugs otherwise you would need to take a hole saw to one of the Spokes for a Lug Nut!