4 cyl conversion

Discussion in 'Regional Forums and Event Information' started by rocky1, Mar 3, 2004.

1. 4 to 8 cyl conversion

I am looking for resources to help me install a 5.0 H/O motor from a93 cougar can anyone steer me in the right direction. thanx in advance for any help

2. Well the swap is a pain....im in the middle of one now but there are alot of sites out there with swap info. Are you swapping just the motor/tranny or doing the whole bit with suspension/brakes upgrades and all that good stuff?

3. the swap is really not that bad. there are many sites out there. use the search engines over at Corral.net for 4cyl to v8.

4. if your looking for something easier. you could try going from the 4cyl N/A to a 4 cyl turbo. you just gotta find an engine off a turbocoupe/merker/or other and bolt it right in with a few wiring modifications. thats what I did and I'm very pleased with the results.

5. 4 cyl. to 5.0 conversion isn't that hard if you have the time to do it....if you don't have enough time then its not worth it...

6. sorry to do a little hijackin but Matt, how much for the t5 and crossmember? Is it a 5.0 t5 or a 4cyl?