4 cyl springs

myslo50

Jun 12, 2006
ohio
i have a set of 4 cyl springs for my car, i wanted to know if any one has put them in a v8 car. if there is any mods? i know that the 4cyl springs coils are smaller in dia and are like an inch taller.

also i have a pair of torque box plates form summit and if anyone has a pic of where the go? they look like to be lower ones but i dont know if they go under the car or on floor board under the carpet?

• Sponsors (?)

Darkwriter77 said:
Don't the 4cyl springs kinda ride weird compared to the Eibachs? I mean, a little bit squishy?

Yep, totally different car. It's almost like the car doesn't know what to do when it corners hard because the front is stiff and the rear is so soft. Also, I run my car light on the road, no spare or anything like that. With the stock 4cyl springs, no more putting people in the back AT ALL, bottoms out even with a suitcase in the truck.

I don't think anyone would wanna ride in my back seat, anyway - no cushions or seat belts. :D

Sounds almost like you have those springs installed backwards or something; I always thought the rear would be about the same on both models and the front would be soft, because the major weight difference was up front due to the engine size difference...?

And what kind of a suitcase would bottom out the springs? I mean, what'choo carryin' in there, a dead body? :D

well the whole purpose of putting 4cyl springs in is for weight transfer off the line. rathering buying actual drag springs i had a set of thease laying around and was wondering how hard they were to put in........i had a 4cyl car that i put a v8 in and it rode nice without bottoming out. plus i know 4cyl springs will lower the front a little and i can cut the rears to match

Darkwriter77 said:
Don't the 4cyl springs kinda ride weird compared to the Eibachs? I mean, a little bit squishy?
what he said. i've got 4cyls in my front. although weight transfer is good for budget springs. i'd only recommend it if it's stricky track. they are very floaty and i wouldn't use them for a daily driver. i regret installing them and plan on removing them soon. and you can forget about taking turns at fast speed, the stock springs handled better imo.