4 cyl to 5.0 swap questions???

So let me start by saying I've owned 6 Stangs, 5 of which were 5.0s. Its been a long time, so I'm a bit rusty.
I'm looking at a project car which is a 86 LX coupe that was once a 4cyl and now has a 5.0 with AOD. The current owner did not do the swap.
Question is, what should I look for to make sure the swap was done properly? It has duel exhaust so I think it has the double hump trans mount, its a carb so no EFI, it sits low in the front so it may have the 4 banger springs. Not sure if it has the 7.5 rear still (didnt crawl under it yet).
What else am I missing that I should look out for?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would def check the rear. if it is still 7.5 it's living on borrowed time. cant go wrong with a carb swap though. it's pretty straight forward. I would just look at the car for overall shape of the body and engine.

The seller isn't sure on the rear, but said he'll give me a 8.8 to go with the car if its a 7.5. He has a shop and acquired the car, now he needs the room so the car has to go. The body is in decent shape rust wise, interior is mostly there. I just don't want to run into an amateur swap job.
Thanks for the info so far, keep the ideas coming!

The seller isn't sure on the rear, but said he'll give me a 8.8 to go with the car if its a 7.5. He has a shop and acquired the car, now he needs the room so the car has to go. The body is in decent shape rust wise, interior is mostly there. I just don't want to run into an amateur swap job.
Thanks for the info so far, keep the ideas coming!

If you are going to do nothing but street the car the 7.5 will be fine