4 Cylinder Springs Work OK!

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
:spot: After my post yesterday, I was worried that my cut 4 cyl springs and the near 2 drop to my front end would make the car too low to align with good camber.

No idea why, but the shop said it was just fine, they set the camber and toe.

So I am back in business with the front lowered, manual steering, and ready to go!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

90mustangGT said:
So how does it drive/launch/ride?

It seems to drive great. It has cut v8 springs in the rear, one coil, the rear control arms have stock 1980 rubber bushings still, but the lowers are boxed. I have Lakewood traction bars. I welded on some brackets and reinstalled the rear sway bar. Wore out replacment shocks, at least 6 years old.

The front has original struts, a Mustang manual rack I got used at FFW two years ago, and cut 79 four cyl springs from a coupe parts car. No sway bar.

With no sway bars at all, it was annoying to turn corners, even at slow speeds. With the rear installed, it is nearly normal in all these situations, turning, parking lots, and it handles nicely down the road.

The manual steering lets needs a strong hand sitting still, but moving is nearly no different from power.

Have not run yet with the ps removed. Last time was 8.60/79 eighth mile, with a 1.94 sixty foot. I am kind of on a kick to see how quick it will go before I work on the motor some more.